Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Technical issues

Technical issues Technical problems and solutions

Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Block Terminator Expected

I had the 1.7 patch installed, but wanted to use old single player saves so I re installed Men of War. Now I receive this message while the screen is at the Loading Please wait.... screen at the early stages of loading the game, after the videos at the start.I am playing the original version of Men of War (no expansion packs although i do have Men of War red Tide installed? Does that make a difference? The error message is as follows.

Exception

Block terminator expected! (esdlreader.cpp, 482)
-----------------------------------------------
>>>>> main
>>>> mp.thread_singke.exec
>>> thread.exec
>> clockThread: onExecute
> file " /interface/action/round_sandbag.set"

12: {plant"sandbag_woodbeam1_round" default "sandbag_woodbeam1_round" forward }
13: }
14: {if props "round_sandbag2"
15 {plant "sandbag2_round" default "sandbag2_round" forward}
16: }

Men Of War -v1.022.5 - standard
2009.01.22 09:14 -0x007FF514

End..... SOooo? What does this mean and how do you fix it, has it got something to do with 1.7 patch not uninstalling correctly and a custom sandbag installation has not been uninstalled? Please help
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

Go to your "Documents/My games/men of war/profiles/your profile name" and delete one of these three files "settings.set", "options.set", "keys.set" (can´t remember which one, or all three, you should delete, make backup copies FIRST!!). Delete one file at the time, if the game still wont start, put your backup file back into the folder, and delete the next file, until the game works. The missing file will be automatically added when the game starts, with its default version for your version of the game.

The sandbag stuff you get an error about, was added in 1.17.5 and wont work with any earlier versions of the game. When you re-install the older game over the newer version, your settings and options arent affected, thats why the error occurs.

~Zeke.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

When you get your game running again and if you still what to play older saved games, you can try this,

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16575
Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

I followed your steps exactly, but sadly did not find a solution. I tried deleting one file at a time, all three files at the same time, 2 files in and one deleted. With nearly every combination used I am unable to start the game. I only have one profile, Player, and it is not working. Are is there meant to be a game_progress inside the player profile and a latsusar file in the profile folder.