Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiu View Post
Just what I think about undead..(well, of course not overpowered in the sense that Rune Mages or Droids are overpowered - some units are really totally broken)

Necromancers have splash attack with curse effect, high initiative, high attack and defense. They have plague ability which is very powerful and can summon some cannon fodder from corpses. They also get you free Zombies which you can use as cannon fodder in battles.

Ghosts and Cursed Ghosts with their 50% phisical resistance and ability to raise their numbers are simply "enough said".
Vampires and Ancient Vampires, as in all games in existence, have good stats, ressurect themselves and again, "enough said"

Skeleton Archers is high damage and low leadership, and is simply better then other low lvl archers.

Death Knights are just awesome unit. You can't compare it to his "good" counterpart Knight.
Bone Dragons are good like all dragons nothing to say here, probably easiest to ressurect with eviln; Deals poison damage which is good vs some other good units which are phisical or fire resistant.
Cursed Ghosts add troops to themselves too quickly, though. It's pretty much guaranteed you'll lose control.

Also, Undead have a slight disadvantage versus demons, and an even bigger disadvantage against themselves. There are also spells and effects specifically designed to destroy them. However, there is very little chance of seeing these things actually used against you, especially since you're not supposed to have undead in this game in the first place.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar View Post
Cursed Ghosts add troops to themselves too quickly, though. It's pretty much guaranteed you'll lose control.
...Which is a much better event then you might think (game considers them enemy and their leadership increases your rage skills more quickly.)
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Having fun with this game but no undead is knock against it in my opinion. I just don't think limiting entire races should be part of the game. You always got to choose what you wanted to bring with you and play the renegade if it was fun for you.

But no undead or lizardmen... that's a significant part of what the game has to offer, imo. Are they just holding back to make a Crossworlds-like version of WoTN? I hope they do, because I want it ALL. All the spells, all the units... bwa hahaha. Plus I have all these points in those abilities which decrease intolerance and raise morale. I took all those diversity classes for what?!

And I know I can mod it in, but it's just not the same for me as when it's woven into the game naturally. Having said that, a mod to put a selection undead into various ghost ships would be cool. Not all of them in every one, but rather like the other dwellings you could slowly put together an army based on each ship you clear.

Edit: Oops, you can get demons

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 11-08-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Say what? I can't get Archdemons? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To be frank though, with all the extra damage buffs we have (Viking Berserker skill chance to 2X dmg, Absolute Rage skill buff attack rating and critical damage), I can't imagine how insane the Black Knight would have been.....
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Say what? I can't get Archdemons? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To be frank though, with all the extra damage buffs we have (Viking Berserker skill chance to 2X dmg, Absolute Rage skill buff attack rating and critical damage), I can't imagine how insane the Black Knight would have been.....
You can get demons, I'm not sure why he said that. I've already found An archdemon for sale, and plenty of others.

My question: Can you get Bone Dragons from Call Colossus?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

I know I got one from the Rekross shield, so you can probably get some using the Call Colossus scroll.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

I think there might be a bug with the ghost ships. Most of them only offer spell scrolls after you cleared them, which seems odd. there is one (on Fastland, I think) which also has a few artifacts but no undeads on sale, which is unlike any previous game. I've also never gotten undead troops from graves.

Also seems like they removed the Necro Call spell from the game, at least I've never found one. But with all those undead-centric artifacts (including the 3 you're guaranteed to get from that quest) it seems odd that they would intentionally keep you from using any undead troops.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Splinter of Darkness is one of the most over-powered items of the game, if there was undead troops that could be recruited... It makes your black knights retaliate endlessly. Send your black knight forward, let enemy hit him, his defense, attack, crit increases everytime he is attacked + he will retaliate to every attack, and at the end put an evlyn on a corpse restoring your black knight to full+, rinse and repeat for every battle