Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fld88 View Post
Yep I ended up finding it on that little island off the coast of the starting island. I had let that island slide because I wanted to go get the 1st Valkyrie then I forgot all about it. It was well worth doing Gudrida's quest just to get all the stuff I missed.

I did make the rage Valkyrie senior and it does appear to be better even as a soothsayer. The soothsayer is more like a battlemage in WotN I guess.
Well, yeah, from non-senior to senior it is like a +20 rage difference alone.

The creator of King's Bounty (1990) also created a series called Heroes of Might and Magic and the Might and Magic rpg series.

You ALWAYS want to cross train if you can easily do so because it would make you overpowered. The idea was to have a mix of Might... and Magic.

A Viking with a lot of magic power is extremely deadly combined with his insane critical damage capabilities.

A Soothsayer with a lot of leadership or rage is a force to be reckoned with.

The game tries to make it hard for you to cross-train because it is inherently imbalanced -- precisely what you want!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Approved Member

I knew the games were simliar but I didn't know that King's Bounty was created by the same people that created Might and Magic. It shouldn't suprise me though because they are my 2 favourite game franchises of all time. I remember that New World Computing created Might and Magic and they were bought by 3DO which was a disaster then Ubisoft picked up the piceces. But I thought KB was created by a Russian company?

I always prefered these games as a pure magic player and totally unbalanced towards magic. I found it fun and could beat single player M&M easily but not being balanced meant I didn't do so great against online might or balanced players. Dimension Door and Town Portal were incredible as a magic player though lol.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fld88 View Post
But I thought KB was created by a Russian company?
The russian company in question 1st plagiarized M&M and combined it with the plagiarized version of Magic The Gathering. It became something like M&M map with MtG style battles. In the 1st try they tried to introduce something original and it was disaster. Then they tried a second time and this time they plagiarized M&M most precisely. Actually the new combo game was worth playing. That was the reason after the death of New World Computing they got the official contract to develop M&M 4 (I think it was 4) and although they did not that bad the new game was a marketing disaster simply because the fans wanted just more M&M with new, but not strongly different stuff.
After that they started to develop they own set version of M&M by killing the strategic part and that's was the new King's Bounty. Very limited success outside Russia but with low production cost it was worth developing for the russian market only; the english translation is not espensive and by selling it through Steam they still get some profit to compliment the russian market.