Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

All very well bit IS VAC actually operating in CLOD at all ? A previous post indicated that the devs had to determine which files needed to be checked .. i.e establish a VAC signature and get this activated by STEAM. Has this been done ? Is their a way to determine this ? So far I dont think we have heard of a single case of someone being banned.

There is more to it I think than just the Host setting VAC=1 in the confs.ini

Last edited by IvanK; 11-06-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

And because of the way VAC works, a ban might come in a few months as is not an immediate thing.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
And because of the way VAC works, a ban might come in a few months as is not an immediate thing.
As explained, a one time cheater is unlikely to get banned. Such a cheater is more likely to get banned by a server admin than by VAC. However, players abusing cheats will most likely get banned within a month, as their "board" shows one red flag after another. And for cheaters in CloD. I have seen some strange things on both sides of the fence, but i wouldn´t go as far as calling those cheaters. I attribute those occurences to lag and lag only. Heck, i even tangled with a 109 once and whilst his shots were miles off, he still totally damaged my plane, because in his "game", he was on target.

S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.