Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Come on dude everyone knows that the "I win" aircraft of il2:1946 was not the 190 but the la-7 and also the spit mkIX 25 lb boost...
Krupi old chap, I remember those days well. Infact my first few sorties in LA-7's resulted in me getting so over confident with its superior speed and handling characteristics that I actually rammed a few FW-190's & other assorted enemies, and made a complete idiot of myself.

The Spitfire IX 25lb was a great little aircraft until everyone on the red side start using them excessively.

My personal "I win" plane was the I-16
Old 10-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
Cant beleive i just read that. Go read some history books will you.
What are u talking about? What about history books? It is just my opinion, that I would like to play other scenarios than the channel map. Channel map in 1946 was boring and forced some guys to quit playing on that card, also saying, that they wait for clod. And now the same with all the guys I know. Game is boring, map is boring.

Again: just my opinion. And I do not say, that the fact I love a focke and the possibilties to simulate all its features, is causing that I fly blue on an eastern front scenario to gain kills. I would fly lagg or mig, yak and la as well. I like the la5 or even a mig3. It has nothing to do with unbalancing it. It is room for everything you would think of. Overwhelming quantities against better planes could also be great.

Concerning 2 weeks: never said that. I just overdosed to "a couple of weeks" to state, that I am bored of bob. Next scenarios after the time of bob are all more interesting for me, although I also love the beauty spit. Just overshooting, but I really do not really like it that much. And couple of others said that as well earlier, where the plans for a new il2 were announced. Many said, that channel map isn't their favorite. Sure I want it and also wabt all the planes of this period, but I am personally dreaming of other scenarios. Basta

No need for insults here. I attacked noone. And again after all that: What do history books and face palm have to do with my opinion? Rofl!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream2012 View Post
You tell that to any veteran that flew in the Battle of Britain, British or German. Many Germans suffered "Channel Sickness" out of pure fear & the British were forced to defend their very way of life against the military might of the hoards of German planes that crossed the channel that summer.

In my view, with all respect, your a stats-whore who has absolutely no interest in history & are only interested in your own self gratification, which means you prefer to take the highest performing aircraft available and take down as many aircraft as you can, with the least amount of skill possible.
I'm sure you loathed in the days of the under performing allied aircraft and are truly heartbroken that now you have to muster some skill to shake that pesky Hurricane from your tail. So now you spend your days fantasizing over flying your FW-190 and picking on those outclassed Soviet aircraft.

I personally fantasize over shooting down people like you in a LaGG-3.
The neyt, who have read more between the lines than the lines itself Sorry, but I never said anything about dramatic scenes or a hard time. I also did not tell that I am historically uninterested stat flyer. I am nearly the only person who is barking not to get ANY global rankings, k/d ratio, etc. I hate such things. When you read carefully you know what I would like to see. In a time later, where good planes arise on every side, I would like to see the difference with kommandogeraet simulated to strengthen the focke. It was not overall superior alone about the characteristics, but it was feared because of the devices it had implemented later. And I just would like to see that really simulated and would like to see , how it influences the fights. And if you read the beginning, I just told, that IN MY VIEW, the scenario is boring for my taste. It simply isn't my favorite.

Again no insult necessary and reading between the lines is not your strength, I guess. Everything I said later is just to express, that I personally really find this scenario boring. A bit too much, but just read!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream2012 View Post

My personal "I win" plane was the I-16
Please dont remind me of the "green laser death" I-16.