Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Default Il2 1946 vs COD Multiplayer

Hi all

Now that the final COD patch is out I was wondering if COD now surpasses/equals 1946 in multiplayer.

Are there the same amount of servers/ as many players as 1946?
Is the net code now stable enough to have a decent MP session or is there still lag?
Can COD use progs like hyperlobby?

I havent yet bought COD because I play 1946 exclusively for MP and I heard bad things about COD. Can someone please advise?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Clod does have an HL room.However Clod is a Steam game and you must have a Steam account to run Clod.Also even though there is an HL room Steam has to be running to play.

On the large servers there appears to be no lag.

There are still not as many players or servers as 1946 but there has been an increase since the new official patch.

With the scripting the missions are a lot more detailed,interesting and complex.

Clod is now all it is going to be.It is not at all finished or polished.However I find it fun to play.

If you are a stickler for details,FMs,DMs,colors or features then maybe it is not for you.However there is enough to make the online enjoyable.I do not fly offline so I can not help you there.From my understanding it is lacking but the 3rd party addon really helps.

Also the boxed version is the same as the downloadable version.There is no advantage to a boxed version.It just has the Steam installer and d/ls the game anyway.The collectors edition did have some extras.

If you look around you can find Clod on sale.