Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

I like the nostalgia it brings when I think about the good old days.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

like others have said, the potential.

also the graphics, like in first instances of the game, before they toned it down.

i like how the devs are plugging away, small chips . . . incremental fixes.

As long as they are willing to keep at making the game series better, its going to be a worthy successor to 1946

also I forgot to mention was that awesome first time feeling of flying and zipping around that 1946 gave me, that whole flying experience that it gave . . . Cliffs also captures this (when its working).

Last edited by hiro; 09-25-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

19 months and there hasn't been one single viable alterative brought to the market, Or even mentioned as a possibility. Says a lot about our niche market.

But then again, put myself in the place of a potential developer looking at the target market and how critical some of them are, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

What do I like about COD. The developers and how resiliant they are and how they continue on with their work even though they are demonised by parts of the community.

Keep up the good work guys!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 09-25-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingblind View Post
It is the potential for me too once the engine is sorted and being a true believer I believe that it has gone a bit quiet on the update and answer front because they are on the verge of something big. Yeah!

Oh ye of little faith. What can I say? Except perhaps I told you so.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Approved Member

Yeah. The potential. Lets not hope its not perpetual potential. That said, one gets glimpses of flight simming greatness with this sim. Flying over the Channel (which looks pretty much how I remember it, in terms of colour etc) in superbly modeled A/C, CEM etc is as good as it gets at this time. I know the AI takes a bagging, but I built a mission and as per Heinkills directions with tweaking the AI, it seemed very damn good (Mission-ME109s intercepting a recon Blenheim). How to give directions to your flight? As a flight sim, this sits at the top of the tree for WW2 sims-BUT not as a game ( I regard the modded IL2 as way better there). We can only hope what is obviously broken, gets fixed down the track. Said a million times I guess, but where is the documentation? There seems a lot of features that are unexplained. My two cents.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

Yeah. The potential. Lets not hope its not perpetual potential. That said, one gets glimpses of flight simming greatness with this sim. Flying over the Channel (which looks pretty much how I remember it, in terms of colour etc) in superbly modeled A/C, CEM etc is as good as it gets at this time. I know the AI takes a bagging, but I built a mission and as per Heinkills directions with tweaking the AI, it seemed very damn good (Mission-ME109s intercepting a recon Blenheim). How to give directions to your flight? As a flight sim, this sits at the top of the tree for WW2 sims-BUT not as a game ( I regard the modded IL2 as way better there). We can only hope what is obviously broken, gets fixed down the track. Said a million times I guess, but where is the documentation? There seems a lot of features that are unexplained. My two cents.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Approved Member

What do I like? That moment when you have the 109 lined up in your sights, closing from six low. The adrenaline starts and he is completely oblivious until you rake him with the guns. I find it interesting to gauge how awake the pilot is by the amount of time it takes for him to break!