Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

Default Netcode observations & feedback - Patch 1.09 - Luthier please review.

Personally, not being a IL2 flyer, I purchased Cliffs Of Dover due to the advertised; 128 online player battles.

Anyone who plays online will know this is simply not possible with the present netcode causing lagging, warping and likely numerous other issues. I personally see this as the biggest issue CloD has.

Please Luthier can you dedicate resources to this major issue so we can see some improvement in this problem.

Once you get over approximately 50 players the netcode simply cannot pass the required information across the different clients to give decent playability.

Please post your observations and feedback to the Dev team can recieve feedback on this issue. I'd especially love to hear server admin / mission maker observations and restrictions.

Cheers. (p.s lets keep it civil)
Old 09-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

not only the lagging, i experienced (and a a big number of people too) heavy slutters when im are near axis human multiengine aircrafts.
also when several enemies aircrafts are near.

the strange thing is that with the ia works fine , there are several threads about this issue. i hope they can fix it on bom or the final patch, its really a gamebreaker

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32222

Last edited by chantaje; 09-29-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Two things:

- the bad netcode it is NOT the biggest problem this game has. it might be for you, but for MOST of the people who bought it, it is the Radio Comms and the AI, which practically renders the offline useless

- it might be caused by the exhaust of the nearby player-manned aircrafts being rendered, unlike those of AI. it happened before, and it was fixed by disabling its rendering for all other aircrafts. Or at least I was undner the impression they did so, letting it be rendered only on player's aircraft. from this report, it seems that they've enabled its rendering on all player-manned aircrafts in MP
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

I think the best thing to do would be record tracks of it and submit them. Show the devs examples, like this:

Catch this stuff on a track. There is already a bug ticket for it, submitted by ATAG Bliss I think. Vote on it!