Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimson8 View Post
Was thinking I might purchase the game soon but I'm not sure I would be comfortable in a community full of America hating Euros.

Good job losing them a sale.

Who committed the worst mass shooting in recent History?

Here's a hint, it wasn't an American and it wasn't in America
I don't hate America. It's a great country. But there is a big gulf in understanding here for sure.

The game however is still 'maturing', so maybe best to save your money for a bit.

Last edited by kendo65; 08-05-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimson8 View Post
Was thinking I might purchase the game soon but I'm not sure I would be comfortable in a community full of America hating Euros.

Good job losing them a sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
I don't hate America. It's a great country. But there is a big gulf in understanding here for sure.

The game however still sucks, so maybe best to save your money for a bit.
The game is better than it has ever been Kendo. The Latest beta patch has really smoothed it out. If it is soooo bad why are you still here? To make comments like this one? Wow! Who do you work for???????

Jimson8, The game deserves a look at if your into flight sims, it deserves a place on every flight sim addicts SSD. Participation in this forum however, is completely optional.

Cheers!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

It's improving all right. But still leaving me cold I'm afraid. I'm really looking at 6 -12 months. Sorry.

But let's not start talking about flight-sims around here.

--------
I edited my last post. I don't really feel too happy about being unhappy about the game, but that's how it is unfortunately. I'm trying to take a long-term perspective

Last edited by kendo65; 08-05-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
But let's not start talking about flight-sims around here.
I am very sorry Kendo, I forgot where I was for a moment, rest assure that I will try my best to see it does not happen again.

Please don't report my post to the moderators!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I don't see how me not being allowed to drive when drunk or take whatever drugs I want doesn't count as infringements on my freedom? Even taking Swiss' point about just not getting caught...

The drunk driving example potentially impinges on other's well-being, but taking drugs in the privacy of my own home bought with my own money? What right does anyone have to say i can't?

(please note I'm not necessarily advocating doing either of these things - obviously just used as an example )
their are already laws against reckless driving....so why do we need laws for drunk driving too???

how about dont drive recklessly drunk or not....

see they use drunk driving laws to set up check points which are otherwise supposed to be illegal...but they keep making laws that they tell us is to keep us safe and is for our own good...but its just to grab more power and do what would be illegal things under color of law....

heck ive driven while i was extremely fatigued and it was ALOT more scary than drunk driving...at least drunk driving your eyes arent closing up on you....but i guess thats ok, even thought its just as dangerous...

also no one is supposed to have ANY say on what you consume or put in your your body....but in your system of govt (slavery) we cant...cuz they see us as animals....can animals choose what they consume and put into their body... no someone else does for them....and it seems the same is happening to us..
a guy name Alfred Adask actually fought the govt on the language used were it stated that man was in fact an animal (the text of the law read, "man or other animals" which essentially states that man is an animal) http://adask.wordpress.com/2008/06/1...her-animals-1/

" the power of our case is our recognition that the federal and Texas laws regarding food and drugs presume man to be an “animal”. This presumption is anathema to fundamental principles of the “Declaration of Independence” and of the Jewish, Christian and (probably) Muslim faiths. This “man or other animals” presumption is blasphemous, absolutely contrary to any concept of religious freedom and a violation of the 1st Amendment’s prohibition against the “establishment of religion”."

"The government deems the people to be animals. In doing so, government lays the foundation for treating us as slaves, “human resources” and even exposing the sovereign people of The United States of America to genocide.

Really.

The issue is of explosive power because when President Nixon initiated the War on Drugs in A.D. 1971, he based that war on a definition of drugs that presumes man to be an animal. Nixon’s War on Drugs laid the foundation for the modern police state wherein the majority of police activity is based on pursuing people using or distributing drugs. That police state gave rise to the American “prison-industrial complex” that is the biggest prison complex in the world, and jails a higher percentage of Americans than any other legal system in the world. In our “Brave New” prison-industrial complex at least 70% of the prisoners are there for drug-related crimes."

also

lol saw your comment....the NDAA IS tyranny....no matter how you cut it....to say otherwise is denial...

Last edited by tk471138; 08-05-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
LOL! Now that you've degrade into base personal attacks, we can see what your real attitude to freedom is. Not very mature TK.

I'ld expect there would be a lot of Red necks out there that would be highly offended by your remarks comparing me to them.

if calling your statements for what they are is a personal attack then so be it....its the truth...you bring up hippies like a south park episode doing a parody of red necks....

also i dont care if anyone is offended its irrelevant....their is no "right to NOT be offended" even though alot of people think their is....
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
ehh, I read the tit bit from google on this and it seems Fins make the best shooters. Doubt there will be many British shooters as you need expressed permission from the home office to have a rifle.

This guy should have entered:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4
How many Olympics have you watched Farber? The UK is fourth overall in the all time World rankings for Olympic shooting medals.

Great Britain's Peter Wilson just won Olympic Gold for the Mens double trap competition. He is also the current World record holder by a country mile, "Blowing away" the competition (lol) in Tucson, Arizona at the World Championships this year. GB has always had great shooters.

Finns are Ok, but the Swedes, Italians and Russians are better. The Russians blow the US away in World Championship records, but the US have a higher Olympic haul.

Still, when you calculate "per capita" awesomeness (to the OP), the US are nowhere near the best shooters. That would be the Swedes as far as Olympics are concerned. Fact.

Just thought I'd at least attempt to get back to the original subject matter, before everyone started talking drivel.

Just read about the 7 (to date) killed at a Sikh Temple Massacre by some US gun nutter though; probably some web footed, banjo duelling red neck who thought they were "Muzzies" (as if that's an excuse), and he was protecting "Freedom".

A police officer he shot several times is also critically injured, and may not survive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19138754

Never met a Sikh person I didn't like btw, usually lovely people who keep themselves to themselves.

Last edited by RCAF_FB_Orville; 08-06-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
How many Olympics have you watched Farber? The UK is fourth overall in the all time World rankings for Olympic shooting medals.

Great Britain's Peter Wilson just won Olympic Gold for the Mens double trap competition. He is also the current World record holder by a country mile, "Blowing away" the competition (lol) in Tucson, Arizona at the World Championships this year. GB has always had great shooters.

Finns are Ok, but the Swedes, Italians and Russians are better. The Russians blow the US away in World Championship records, but the US have a higher Olympic haul.

Still, when you calculate "per capita" awesomeness (to the OP), the US are nowhere near the best shooters. That would be the Swedes as far as Olympics are concerned. Fact.

Just thought I'd at least attempt to get back to the original subject matter, before everyone started talking drivel.

Just read about the 7 (to date) killed at a Sikh Temple Massacre by some US gun nutter though; probably some web footed, banjo duelling red neck who thought they were "Muzzies" (as if that's an excuse), and he was protecting "Freedom".

A police officer he shot several times is also critically injured, and may not survive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19138754

Never met a Sikh person I didn't like btw, usually lovely people who keep themselves to themselves.
it's the equation "gun=nut" that really creates the issue. He's just a nutjob who decided to use guns to do what he wanted to do, and once again the core issue is that if that person was regularly checked and was forced to attend a gun club, he wouldn't have got to that stage. People commit these senseless crimes because they isolate themselves and the rest of the society pretends not to see them..
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
it's the equation "gun=nut" that really creates the issue. He's just a nutjob who decided to use guns to do what he wanted to do, and once again the core issue is that if that person was regularly checked and was forced to attend a gun club, he wouldn't have got to that stage. People commit these senseless crimes because they isolate themselves and the rest of the society pretends not to see them..
Wrong. The world is full of crazy people that just aren't spotted. Lots of crazy people (and I include clinically insane as well as those with extreme beliefs) can get past tests put before them especially when they are focussed on the end result.

You can also be completely "sane" and integrated into a community and still murder e.g. Dr Harold Shipman. I once had an interesting jurisprudence argument with the hypothesis being that it is impossible to murder. The raionale was that to murder someone was so far removed form normal sciety that the killer had to be insane, therefore it could not be murder.

Hood

ps the P51 footage was underwhelming I thought. I thought it'd be louder though maybe the noise was turned down.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Wrong. The world is full of crazy people that just aren't spotted. Lots of crazy people (and I include clinically insane as well as those with extreme beliefs) can get past tests put before them especially when they are focussed on the end result.
and that's my point, they need to address the way licenses are assigned, and keep checks recurrent for the safety of everybody.

Quote:
You can also be completely "sane" and integrated into a community and still murder e.g. Dr Harold Shipman. I once had an interesting jurisprudence argument with the hypothesis being that it is impossible to murder. The raionale was that to murder someone was so far removed form normal sciety that the killer had to be insane, therefore it could not be murder.
sure, but if memory serves he killed more than 250 people without using guns. Guns are not the problem, they're just "louder" and there are far too many interests in our society for them to be removed..

Quote:
ps the P51 footage was underwhelming I thought. I thought it'd be louder though maybe the noise was turned down.
maybe, it kinda sounded muffled, but it might just be audio quality as you said. I have heard 8 .50cals shooting together whilst in the army and I can assure you they're LOUD
Closed Thread