Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Hi,

I tested with same armies in the middle of a city with both my fix and the performance_test.exe and I cant find any diffrence in FPS. For me this have great chance to be the final solution.

From my observations many people have performance issues related to the bad patch 2.00.11 exe but they dont realize it because in multiplayer game the worst machine is draging all the game down.

There are too, many who for whatever reason dont have such problems.

For me good information can be obtained after test with both groups and seeing their results.It will be sad if the game ruins for the others.So would be very nice if as much as possible people can join the test.

I have to say too that this game shows a level of craftsmanship I had never seen before. The attention to details is just remarkable! It is the best I had played and I can ensure you that I had played everythings that worth but this one gets on top.

The only small thing I found missing is the ability to give chained orders with the shift key that include actions.As exaple to soldier: go this lockation - throw a grenade there- then run into cover there- and turn this dirrection. I think this will lower the micro managment a lot.

Thank you.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Quickly tried the modified .exe, I do seem to gain a performance boost.

Still can't tilt the camera so I'm looking "forward" though without FPS dropping to 20 and below, birds-eye is a pretty steady at ~60.

I'll test it some more with different maps when I can.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Hi, I also got the same problems as above, I got the polish-english version too, after patching to 2.0 i got around 8-15 fps, I just tried the modified not gotye exe, with that i got 20-25, so its better, but then i checked the cracked exe too, and i have 40-50 fps with it at the same conditions.. so its better with the modded exe, but still not the best.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs down

well this is just great why is it so hard for developers these days to get good codeing in their engines its stupid.

il just put my system spec's hear aswell no way in hell its a system problem i can play battle field 3 at over 60 fps on ultra at 1920x1080.

Cpu: core i7 920 revision D0 overclocked to 4.1Ghz
Gpu:Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce x3 OC
Ram: 12 Gb gskill ram at 2300 mhz
HDD:500 gb raptor and 2 gb weston digital green.

i really hope they can fix this because this game is grate and going to waste in its current state.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Thanks for checking it. The executable above is for GOTY edition, if you have a normal version + DLCs it won't accept your key. In this case, please also try this one, it is for the regular version:
I have Steam version. No GotY, normal version 2.00.11. Game doesn't start with this .exe file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Developers are investigating the poor performance issue. If you're willing to help, please download and put this test executable into the game folder.

This is a test exe, it won't work normally over the Net. Please run it and create a local MP match (with you as the only player) and tell us whether you have performance problems in it or not.
Are you sure? I cannot create LAN game. LAN option cannot be selected in game menu, Skirmish is also disabled. And I can enter Net: Multiplayer->Internet->Gamespy login->Game room.

Last edited by Dino; 06-09-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Registered Member

I recently stumbled upon this thread. I have noticed that there is a stark contrast between the 1.85 version and the 2.0 version that I updated my Assault Squad to: The preformance issues come in somewhere between that 1.85 and the current version.

Somewhere along those lines, the preformance just turned to shit, to keep it simple.

In the editor mode and in any other mode, it is clear that there are immense problems with the maps in that FPS is a complete slug, no matter how powerful your system is.

My take on it would be to pick apart the 2.0 patch, and somehow pinpoint the *exact* problem-file that causes the system to slow down so much. If that specific file, and its functional relatives, can be eliminated, the preformance of the game could possibly skyrocket.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

The last exe file (performance test) only allows for multiplayer Internet play (no LAN, no skirmish), so I just had to test by myself. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference if any, at least for me.
Processor: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz
Graphics Card: AMD HD 5850
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
Old 06-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Please try to update You games to the newest versions.
The newest patches should contain some performance fixes.
The patches are meant for "non-Steam" versions of the game.
They can be downloaded from:

Direct links to normal version and GOTY patches
(the GOTY one contains also DLC updates):

Normal version

http://www.1cfiles.com/MoWAS_patch/m...05.13-full.zip

GOTY patch

http://www.1cfiles.com/MoWAS_patch/m...en-2.05.13.zip
Old 07-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Default Performance issues

Hi Folks, I also have noticed the low performance with this amazing game, but not at the beginning of it, but after hours of playing the same map (in Skirmish mode, for example).

I know there are tons of destroyed tanks, artillery and such when it comes to an hour of playing the same map, but the geometry isn't so complex, nor there are not so many destroyable buildings in the map to say that makes it laggy.

Anyway, my system specification is:

PC with 2 real quad-cores (8 cores in total, no hyper threading), 20 GB of RAM, Win7 64 bits, huge empty space in hard disk, nothing installed more than the OS, a couple of basic programs and MoW (of course xD) and an an ATI Radeon HD of 1 GB of DDR5 (cannot remember the model). Ah, screen resolution is 1680x1050.

At first time, I can play the game very nicely (with maximum video settings), but, as long as tanks and stuff is getting into the game, starts to be laggy and I have to shut off the Antialiasing, use 16 bits in color depth and lower the anisotropic filter to 8x to play, let say, sloppy but playable.

I have the latest patches and all the game updated.

Any idea?

Tanks in advance xD

Ø3
Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Make sure that if you playing skirmish/missions/mods alone and not in coop that you use the skirmish/single player mode and dont play skirmishes through multiplayer if you playing alone as that restricts resources.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane