Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 07-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Default Tpassthrough mechanics questions

I followed this thread.

Im using the Tpassthrough trigger and Im getting wierd results. In some instances it will spawn the air units for every player and sometimes only fire once for any number of players. O wow I just realised what the difference was...

Scramble. Can scramble be applied to airspawning units to make it only trigger once? Intriguing! I was wondering what idle did also?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

I have been getting inconsistent results with the Tpassthrough as well. I have tried a script where Defiants spawn and attack the bombers who have triggered them. But they just fly past them and wave. If I change the flight to Hurricanes it works perfectly. All else remains the same, script and mission etc.

Also scramble = engine on, Idle= engine off for take-off for spawning planes.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Idle means the Airgroup does nothing. If on ground they wait at their spawn position, in Air they wait on 500m height cycling around the waypoint, if they spawn heigher they sink to 500m (ok i ve not tested it in the latest patches, with regular patch they do), if changed later via script (enable) the Planes circle around the last position and sink to 500m. You can change the idle status via script.

Sometimes the game 'forget' to change the Taskstatus, so the Planes don't attack their target if they should do it. Don't think it's depend on the Planetype but this should be tested.

In my early tests (maybe it changed with the patches) i've never see any difference between scramble enabled/disabled.

Last edited by FG28_Kodiak; 07-29-2012 at 04:18 AM.