Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Default AI Skill Sliders and patch 1.07

I think they disabled the skill sliders in the latest patch, there is little difference between max and zero. I was testing each slider on max one at a time on a He111, Bf110 and Bf109. Then I tried combinations and then all on max except gunnery which still seems to work.

There wasnt any snap roles with every skill on max or zero. Maybe they worked on the AI...

EDIT: Seems its more my inexperience with AI. I tried the default settings Ace and rookie. The ace broke away as soon as he started getting hit and the rookie was pilot killed... It seems what I thought is true that one skill alone is not so important but several at the right level that counts.

Ill keep trying.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 07-20-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
It seems what I thought is true that one skill alone is not so important but several at the right level that counts.
this for me seems to be the key- there seems to be a significant interaction between certain sliders- for instance if tactics is set high and advanced flying is low AI can get into high speed dives from which they can't recover, and if basic flying is set too low a higher advanced flying can lead to loss of control.

am noticing the changed fuel consumption in 109's can need some tweaking of bravery level to get the same 'bug out' point from 1.06 missions.

generally (for fighters)i keep awareness/vision at ~same- dependent on the behaviour i want in mission
basic flying at 7-10, advanced at 2-5
gunnery 5-9
bravery and discipline mission dependent (fuel level has a role here)
and some variation in a group is always a good idea
settings around these give reasonable results for me anyway