Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Pro View Post
Well, obviously you wouldn't have to completely stop SoW to finish 4.09.
That has been one of the major problems in the slow release of SOW. Not enough resourses to do both sims.

I would have much prefered there had been no updates since they first announced SOW. That includes Pacific Fighters and every paid and free addon since then.

We may have been flying BOB in 2005/6, the Med in 2007/8 and waiting with baited breath for SOW Pacific fighters or the SOW Eastern Front by the end of this year. All be it BOB SOW will be a far better in 2009 than a 2005/6 version would have been. That said BOB and Med would have been updated as new features became available.

You can play the IL-2 update game, but it has to end at some point. A third party mod gets caught in the middle....can't be helped.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Also IL-2 would have been forgotten for the most part with modders given tools to mod the SOW series. Any unwanted on-line hacks would be looked at and dealt with if possible. We'd all be one happy community. lol
Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
At this point I have doubts 409 final will ever be released.I would be happy enough if 1C just released the dedicated server patch so everyone online can move to 409.
While I have no doubts at all about 4.09 or 5.0 or whatever it will be being released ...what Uther said... Just updating the server patch to 4.09b1 would actually go a long way. It has been what.... 6 going on 7 months now... at least with a DS patch the DF servers could be updated with the new maps etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
The only thing Forgotten here is that Oleg stated he could not allocate resourses to the free 4.09 update, until those resourses were no longer required to complete SOW. Hes put his money were his mouth is...we need to improve our memories.
True.. but still.... I wonder how much work it would be to release a 4.09b1 DS patch.. jjst so that everything can be on the same page... then if it took another 6 months for BoB to get here.. it wouldn't be as big a deal.... The only reason we even need switchers aside from the mod switchers is so that folks can go from DFs to COOPS.... or fiond COOPS running 4.08.

Either way... I am enjoying all that I have at my disposal now.... still.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

You know I was one of those unfortunates who bought Enemy Engaged 2, a Game which was basically a re release but updated, it sucked and there was no place to go complain about it, lots of bugs but when a patch did come out, it hardly addressed any of them, so I can't play it at all and a support forum at their site is nearly invisible, but Oleg has bent over backward it seems to give us all kind of things and, we have all this forum to complain about it in infinite detail, in my eyes it was a mistake to release a beta of anything. Il-2 was supposed to be finished, But this is why the modding community is doing so well, people have a 1/2 patch that they want to use but can't. And gamers are an impatient voracious bunch who once they think there's something new in the works they're willing to ditch whatever was yesterday for tomorrow. I know next to nothing about programming and I'm sure some think it's just this little thing that would only take a minute, and whisk it off to us to download, but I think it might be wise to be patient and just shut up or we might not get nuttin!