Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
I'ld pay for some sunglassess in COD if they helped at all! (Or were they standard issue to aircrew????)
+1 on the sunglasses.

There a ought to be an option to 'put on' sunglasses even if they simply reduce the general light intensity, don't really need animation. The RAF pilots had flip-down glasses. I expect the LW wore cool aviator shades to maintain the image

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_MajorBorris View Post
Some even speculated that the attacks were coordinated and designed to fell the burgeoning sim and I am starting to wonder the same about some here in this very forum under the guise of daily constructive criticism as if they are helping us by saying the same thing over and over.
In the marketing era where we live you can expect things like that every days, and as small is a niche more fierce the competition is.

If someone thinks that there no community-managers from the competence browsing this forum then is because he is very naive.

Last edited by Buchon; 07-02-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

To everybody who thinks charging for extra content for flightsim is wrong/stupid, do you really think making a high fidelity stand alone combat flight game is financially viable these days? You do know why 1c have chosen the free-to-play path for the il-2 series right? It has to be PROFITABLE. Making games is not charity especially not when they are low-profile obscure combat flight games like Clod or RoF. You're living on planet 80's/90's if you think the current model of business 1c/MG have for il-2 is going to be successful. Kudos to 777 for charging for stuff they are creating to make a living, kudos to them and all other small indie studios who choose the same business model. They are not millionaires swimming around in money, they are trying to make a living on their hobby/passion.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Bob_Marley

The fact that you can fly though trees breaks all the realism and makes me think wtf they went to all this trouble to make everything look nice but they didnt think to sort out the trees and it just kills low lvl dogfights for me. were my bandit didnt make it out from a dive and he clipped the tree isnt there like it is in ROF. And also like a bomber thats engine is out has to make an emergency landing in a random patch of clear ground were he might crash in to trees and could die isnt there.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
+1 on the sunglasses.

There a ought to be an option to 'put on' sunglasses even if they simply reduce the general light intensity, don't really need animation. The RAF pilots had flip-down glasses. I expect the LW wore cool aviator shades to maintain the image
Of all BoB pilots, perhaps a handful wore the RAF Mark IV series of goggles which introduced the flip-up/down sun visor. It broke off easily and compounded by the goggles' cumbersome nature made them unpopular.

No pilots flew in sunglasses. Few even used their goggles which, incidentally, were mostly made with celluloid lenses which 'burned beautifully' in the words of G. Page.

Source for the sceptical: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...11&postcount=9
Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

I think the biggest difference between ROF and CLOD is that when 777 team says is going to fix a certain aspect of the game, they'll do it and you'll never have to worry about that part of the game.
CLOD team keeps going around in circles fixing and bringing back the same bugs from patch to patch. This is the biggest problem I see with this game.

I don't think this team fully understands the code they work with. That's the only explanation i could think about.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
I think the biggest difference between ROF and CLOD is that when 777 team says is going to fix a certain aspect of the game, they'll do it and you'll never have to worry about that part of the game.
CLOD team keeps going around in circles fixing and bringing back the same bugs from patch to patch. This is the biggest problem I see with this game.

I don't think this team fully understands the code they work with. That's the only explanation i could think about.
So the aircraft have realistic FM's now?

Not what I hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
So the aircraft have realistic FM's now?

Not what I hear!
Some planes that were fixed are good. You have to think about one problem with ww1 aircraft FM's. It's not exactly easy to find good info about ww1 aircraft performance. I agree that they have to work in this area, but so does CLOD and we have much less planes and a lot more info available about Spits and 109's than some canvas and wood planes made by trial and error back in ww1.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_MajorBorris View Post
Whoever thinks CoD needs to be saved by 777 or anybody else needs to wake up.

RoF was done, toast, capute but Jason Williams (777) was able to purchase the rights and turn it around through some clever marketing and hands on approach (nice job Jason).

Why was RoF almost done? A horribly buggy release that had forums filled with trolls trying everything they could to bring the sim down and they almost succeeded....No wait, they did succeed, essentially bankrupt and under attack from the very community it tried to serve(sound familiar), the original team sold Rise of Flight to 777.

Some even speculated that the attacks were coordinated and designed to fell the burgeoning sim and I am starting to wonder the same about some here in this very forum under the guise of daily constructive criticism as if they are helping us by saying the same thing over and over.

777s takeover was not an instant fix either as the sim still produced launcher crashes for all every 20 minutes or so for the first year and a half

Yet in between the bugs and crashes 777 rereleased RoF in what was called the Iron Cross Edition and in retrospect is now considered a good move.

I tire of people comparing CoD to sims released 3-10 years ago using these mature software comparisons to scare new pilots away from an already small CoD community with blanket statements that more often than not, tell more about their system configuration or limitations than about the experience as a ww2 cfs pilot in CoD.

The funny thing is some of the CoD bashers have very little (if any) flight time and many I have never seen flying the sim.
+1

Borris, like a U Boat in the night, I think you just sank their battleship.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

And on that note...
Closed Thread