Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Playing a game is like going down a stair in the beginning it is all fun and you go down fast waiting for the breakfast downstairs but if only silence and no good smell of coffee or hot chocolate is waiting for you the last step just before you let go the stair is the most disappointing just like a game that promise a lot, give a lot but delivers not what was hoped for.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

S!

Will get Iron Front, even it is a bit buggy at the moment but too much interest in it to pass World Of Tanks is going downhill fast, played at test servers a lot and can see why they do what they do to Russian tanks. And their devs being openly anti-German sentimented adds to it. Go figure.

Diablo III is quite fun when you play as coop, alone a grind sort of. A bit annoying is the difficulty level change, adds a ton of HP and makes enemies move like on steroids while you do not change much. Or I am just too slow for these games

DCS has features coming that spark interest even within ranks of real armed forces pilots. And that requires something as they for sure know their business. JTAC + A-10C = Pure Win! More WW2 planes to match the P51D and more fun in the horizon as well

What would be great is that a developer could make a full blown WW2 tank sim. There are none out. And by that I mean not only late war Tigers or Pershings or whatever but the early war as well. Dream come true would be a tank sim expanding over the WW2 and even Korea

But now is summer so not really much time to sit by the computer and STILL waiting for my TM Warthog to come Sent it out 2 months ago soon
Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowddy View Post
better this way then 500 pages with trolls and whinning

Thats my feeling as well...I remember when the original "IL2 Sturmovik" came out years ago & their was a lot of obnoxious activity in the forums. The primary tone was aggression, as opposed to wining, but none the less it was very off-putting. I stepped away for a year or so (honestly I dont remember how long it was), and when I came back the crowd had thinned down to a crew of truly good people. Somehow the tone and spirit of the forum had improved as the ranks thinned.

I kind of miss those days...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Iron front is enjoyable...that being said, no matter how good a game is, people will eventually move on to something that peaks their interest and takes advantage of new hardware/graphic capabilities. When something just works poorly, with no real fix in site, people move on faster. August, and summer holidays for most Russians (Moscovites) is quickly approaching, if nothing new appears before then, then maybe this fall. If not, I assume this place will become rather deserted.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by priller26 View Post
Iron front is enjoyable...that being said, no matter how good a game is, people will eventually move on to something that peaks their interest and takes advantage of new hardware/graphic capabilities. When something just works poorly, with no real fix in site, people move on faster. August, and summer holidays for most Russians (Moscovites) is quickly approaching, if nothing new appears before then, then maybe this fall. If not, I assume this place will become rather deserted.
I don't think so. This place is too funny to become deserted. They will rush out the sequel and we will all forget about Cliffs of Dover...at least the ones who are really willing to buy the sequel.

And if the sequel will base on Cliffs of Dover there will enough topics of conversation for another "two weeks".

Last edited by Icebear; 06-12-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

S!

The circle will never cease New sim and same old arguments
Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
Playing a game is like going down a stair in the beginning it is all fun and you go down fast waiting for the breakfast downstairs but if only silence and no good smell of coffee or hot chocolate is waiting for you the last step just before you let go the stair is the most disappointing just like a game that promise a lot, give a lot but delivers not what was hoped for.
Potential does not equal greatness, expectations do not equal results.
and no matter how fast you go down the stairs it doesn't change the fact that unless you make your coffee yourself, you should always be prepared for disappointment.

in this case, the analogy is more like... for me at least... i'll keep voicing that I want this stuff, hopefully someone will see and act... if enough other people voice their opinions too... so I try to keep an opened mind about this game, and others...

Last edited by AKA_Tenn; 06-13-2012 at 02:53 AM.