Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 05-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
I have always praised for an easy mount to be available on online server for the youngest or the new players that want to feel the experience of large dogfight scenario with humans players.
Yes, that's the 109.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFCW_Urizen View Post
If the Hurri outran you tomcat, than sorry mate, you simply didn´t fly your 109 to the full, sorry, you didn´t even fly her anywhere near decent. You made a mistake somewhere, and i can only guess that mistake, but u probably turned with that hurri, now, didn´t you.
OMG are you seriously writing this ?

You shld mind the readers with a "Pretty boring argument ahead" sign

Oh and by the way you can outspiral nose up a "normal" hurri* at really slow speed what is pretty accurate with history (common evasive manoeuvre for 109 driver during the war).

*normal means regular FM

Last edited by TomcatViP; 05-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Don´t confuse outturning with outrolling, tomcat. the 109 had and still has the upper hand in terms of rollrate, climb and speed over the hurricane. If the Hurri outran you Tomcat and if i say that you made a mistake, than i am not doing so lightly. I´m only a decent 109 driver, but i have yet to encounter a hurri or spit that can outrun me in level flight, especially at alts below 6000m, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFCW_Urizen View Post
Don´t confuse outturning with outrolling, tomcat. the 109 had and still has the upper hand in terms of rollrate, climb and speed over the hurricane. If the Hurri outran you Tomcat and if i say that you made a mistake, than i am not doing so lightly. I´m only a decent 109 driver, but i have yet to encounter a hurri or spit that can outrun me in level flight, especially at alts below 6000m, period.
C'mon guys, open your eyes. This specific Hurri does not play the same CoD as we are.

I fly the hurri as much as the 109. I know what I am talking abt. And thx for the professorial comment but I might not need that one

End of boring arguments. BOT pls
Old 05-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
OMG are you seriously writing this ?

You shld mind the readers with a "Pretty boring argument ahead" sign

Oh and by the way you can outspiral nose up a "normal" hurri* at really slow speed what is pretty accurate with history (common evasive manoeuvre for 109 driver during the war).

*normal means regular FM
Rotol Hurri was considered by many as the best Allied fighter available on most servers. So, given your principles regards easymounts, porked FM that favours the 'shameless' please tell us why you frequently selected the Rotol Hurri in MP?

Very odd, given your comments I would have expected you to stick to your principles and select a Tiger moth.......

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Have we reached the personal attacks already?
Old 05-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Rotol Hurri was considered by many as the best Allied fighter available on most servers. So, given your principles regards easymounts, porked FM that favours the 'shameless' please tell us why you frequently selected the Rotol Hurri in MP?

Very odd, given your comments I would have expected you to stick to your principles and select a Tiger moth.......
Well regarding the Tiger, I did it on ATAG server ! Even had a "dogfight" with a 109 over the airfield (I was playing the bone part).

That brave gentleman did manage to score some non fatal hits at the end using despicable snorkling tactic.

Regarding the Hurri, only at alt > 4000m are the FM starting to look strange if you fly it honestlty (no WEP unless in critical situation etc...). Effectively at alt > 6000 it is superior than the 109. But man, I recall writing this very early ("climb to evade 109 if you hve time to reach that critical alt") and I was joked abt by many on this forum.

And again, there was "regular" hurri and self-standardized ones. Not to open a new debate.

But anyway, there is nothing in commun in the hurri and SPit's FM regarding "E-retention".
Again if you can't see that, blind you are. For example, I could hve writing this flying a spit with the stick fully pulled rearward and still haven't experienced some kind of departed flight

Last edited by TomcatViP; 05-20-2012 at 05:47 AM.