Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Not the best, but still it is usefull!
I just watched through this.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=686800
Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

Just have to say, that i feel it is a bit too sensitive. I must have my head LOCKED straightforward so i don't get the view to the side of the plane, or even straight up..
Ofc it was usefull when the plane got on my right or left side, or over me.. :p Then i could keep an eye on him.. SOmething i cant without this.
If the FaceTrackIR that u pay for, is MUCH better than this one, i guess i will buy it!

Last edited by Hveding; 05-14-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

Check all the options you have, like dead-zones, sensitivity, etc.
I first used Freetrack and had to play around with the settings until i got a good result...

I can promise you won´t have any problems with trackIR! I´m using it and it works perfect.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Cool

Just try facetracknoir to find out, if such a method is handy for u in general. It is not a longterm solution, because it needs some cpu load and sometimes do not track correctly, because it has to use not only its program, but also freetrack or something like that to emulate for the game.

I personally started with freetrack and a selfmade usb-»ir led construction and a normal webcam, as I prefer active infrared transmitting instead of reflecting signals.

It works, but the field of view of my webcam soon limited the fun. So, I finally bought trackir and I will never play without it anymore. I am simply too stupid to mive camera in the pi with a hat or buttons (except zoom, i still use HATS on my joystick for it.

Nevertheless, you must know, that switching to gunsight mode with shift+f1 are causing a limited view to the sides (depending on zoom factor). If you zoom in in this mode, you are simply not able to look around. They tried to simulate the viewing angle, when a pilot sits closely in front of the gunsight. But most of the people think, that this behaviour is not handy and not really helpful.

If you mean this case, you should leave a voting in the il2bugtracker. I opened a request for it, to take out this limitation, as especially pilots of some german planes like bf 109 have some major disadvantages, because the have no centered gunsight and in free view mode, they will have to lean to the right to look through it, while spitfire pilots can look through it without this problem. It is simply some kind of nonsense.

So @ all: please vote for it! You can find it under: ticket #87: gunsight view and free view are difficult to switch....

I wonder, why "viewing when parachuting" has more votes! I think, that this viewing problem is an essential one! So please vote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hveding View Post
Just have to say, that i feel it is a bit too sensitive. I must have my head LOCKED straightforward so i don't get the view to the side of the plane, or even straight up..
Ofc it was usefull when the plane got on my right or left side, or over me.. :p Then i could keep an eye on him.. SOmething i cant without this.
If the FaceTrackIR that u pay for, is MUCH better than this one, i guess i will buy it!
with any head tracking device, facetracknoir, freetrack or trackIR you have to give yourself time to get used to it. It could take some hours of flying until that moment when it 'clicks' and you are looking around without thinking about the hardware.Then you will never go back to flying without head tracking.
good luck
Old 05-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hveding View Post
Hey!
I just wondering how u guy's look around when u are in the cockpit ?
I use the mouse, but i have seen that in a online dogfight, that's not an option.
How can u expand ur view, without zooming out ?
I like the first view in this picture:

image hosting

But this give's a better all around view:

image host
But this give's me more all around view, and that just what i need!
But everything is zoomed out if u understand what i mean..
Is it a whay to look around without moving ur hand from the joystick and over to the mouse ??

-Patrick
well, trackir definitely helps, and once you fly with it, you will never go back anymore.
but i think your actual question is how to achieve the different FOVs.
the easiest way is to hit F10, that you can control your view with the mouse.then clicking and holding the right mouse button will change your FOV.
then you will be able to have a view like in the second screenshot.

it depends on your stick, but if you use for example ch hardware, it would also be possible, to control your FOV with the stick.
if you dont use any joystick software, then there is still a program called joytokey, with which you would be able to set your FOV to buttons on the stick.then you would have a continual zoom in and out on your stick.