Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

My problem, though, is that I see comments from the dev team saying things like "There are problems with the flight models above 6000m, and we won't fix this until the sequel".
Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Look! I found a picture of the original DVD cover for CloD!:

Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.
yep.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

you guys here must be having very sad life.. You are just addicted... To unconstructive criticism.

Asus P6T V2 Deluxe, I7 930, 3x2 GB RAM XMS3 Corsair1333 Mhz, Nvidia Leadtek GTX 470, Acer 1260p screen projector, Track IR 4 OS ver5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, Saitek X52, Win 7 x64 ultimate
Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Some may think someting might be wrong with me, but when BOM comes i will deffinately get it.

Highly doubth will be released anywhere near the state CLOD got out in.
First of, their sim-countrymen would tear them apart if it did, and secondly i think it might be quite some national pride in making it as good as they can with what have atm.
It was in my very,very honest oppinion quite a incredibly act of determination, bravery and heroism by the whole russian nation pushin the nazis out. SPecialy with how it was going for them from start.... but won't get into history....

Will it be perfekt, and have all that i wish this new series have??? I guess not, but then if i remeber correktly, the original IL-2 was way different to it's sequel both in FM's, and much else.
Remeber how it felt back then, like having to learn and refly my favorite planes going from one to other...
Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebit View Post
Some may think someting might be wrong with me, but when BOM comes i will deffinately get it.
I will too. Being a software developer I can sympathize with the devs, they must be feeling a lot of pain right now and I don't envy them one bit. I have been there. But from what I see they are trying their best to fix this. For non programmers it may be hard to understand how difficult this is.

But this is the "only" game in town for realistic WWII air war simulation so as long as 1C continues to make an honest effort at trying to deliver a good game I will continue to support them and hope they succeed.

This will mean a series of alpha/beta patches until all problems have been fixed but I will do what I can to help them get it fixed.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

as a indian programmer would say "the trut iz in dee enzine"
from that stand point Cod/Bom is slowly getting out of the woods while others are entering in it.
The problem is not to just make money out of your games, but actually raise money for the next project.
777 is dangerously stuck in WWI niche, time is ticking
on the other side the modern combat sim niche is now smaller than a dinky car garage
DCS is scrambling to dev a full WWII game out a old modern combat engine
and as soon as Cod/BoM mammoth wakes up, the picture will be bleak
quality content is underway check http://simhq.com/_air14/air_523a.html
Vick vs Dundas is available, a fat 1940 campaign is being translated etc ...
cod is becoming the new platform so the seat is not that uncomfortable...
altogether we have crazy russians working on the engine and some crazy germans on the content, personally i wouldn't bet against those guys.
Closed Thread