Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

I have that when I run OpenGL :

I don't have a good graphic card it's why I can't put anitaliasing, but it's not a reason to have that in OpenGL.

I have very strange cloud
Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

I have also this in winter map.
When I'm at low altitude, the forest appear like that since 4.11m

Old 05-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

Do you know how can I unlock the greyed setting when I'm in OpenGL. I tried to change water=1 to 2 or 3, but nothing change in-game and in the option.
Daidalos Team, you really need to find something to fixe my cloud in OpenGL and do the setting more accessible.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Is stencil buffer on?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post
Is stencil buffer on?
He runs the game on an Intel GFX powered laptop, and throws a fit when it doesn't work right. It will most likely never work right, or remotely as good as a machine with a real GPU that can handle gaming. We've explained all this to him multiple times but he doesn't seem to get it.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

yeah I wait an update of my graphic card for my cloud, but I have no explication about my forest bug.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I do wonder if there is some sort of issue yet to sort out. May want to do that before hitting MOD land where things can be great or get a little too interesting very quickly. Not a slight against MOD packages but just thinking we may want to make sure its working correctly first.
This.....

The stock sim is not a bad piece of kit in it's own right.. If I were you I would get your config and all your settings and controls set up properly and comfortably in the stock sim first. That will make it easier for below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf'N'Cockpit View Post
Geckomeister - some of us keep one version of IL-2 as "clean" - without MODs - as a foundation for other MODS. Il-2 is great for several copies to be on your computer. Recommend installing the game on a drive other than your "C" drive (system drive) and patch it to 4.10.1. Then create a new folder with a title like "Il-2 1946 HXFX" or "Il-2 1946 UP3" or "Il-2 1946 DBW" or if you want to have multiple MOD versions make a separate folder for each. Then copy the entire contents of your clean Il-2 1946 folder and paste it into your MOD folders. Now you can MOD these Il-2 versions with the MOD that you want to use. Now for your "clean" version of Il-2, after you have created the MOD folder(s) you can update to 4.11.

You will be able to update your MOD versions of the game to 4.11 once the MODs have been updated to work with 4.11. There is a cycle, the game is updated followed by the MOD teams updating the MODs.
This is the best way to handle this sim. This way if you have a HD crash or anything.. you will have a stock version fully patched to start over. and having to patch the full version .. and then install your mods. Dong it this way .. setting you your config and controls in the stock sim and then copying and pasting the stock versions to each mod version folder you create also keeps you from having to redo your controls for each installation. I personally keep 4 versions of the sim on my PC on two separate drives.. One modded and one stock.. I prefer the HSFX mod pack ... but to each his own.. Try to always keep a fully patched stock version somewhere else.. I keep a copy of my modded version as well because I have accumulated missions and skins over the years and I don't want to have to keep transplanting those either .. All it takes is one HD crash.. once power surge, one virus to wipe out your drive... and then having to reinstall all that from scratch, especially once you get it set up the way you like it, to make you see the benefits of backing up your sim. You might also want to put your skins in that stock version as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckomeister View Post
The shots look great. Especially the second last one.
So what mod are you using for this level of detail?

What Aviar said... You do not have to mod the sim right off the bat.. with the right settings the stock sim looks good.. Set it up.. get it right... then you will appreciate the difference even more. There are some good features in the stock 4.11.1 that will be in the next Gen of mod packs.. at least HSFX ... I don't know what the status of the UP packs are in relation to the stock sim... but HSFX will be keeping up with the stock sim and some very good features that used to be mods were added to the stock sim.