Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Tree_UK

Have you removed the " ; " sign from in front of ProcessAffinityMask in your conf ini? If it looks like this ";ProcessAffinityMask=2" its wrong it should be just this, "ProcessAffinityMask=2".
Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

I have 1280x960x32 AAx4 AFx4 all setting up but effects and water(1 and 3),Visibility on 72km, with vertical syncro and triple buffering i have a 50fps avg and 60 fps on the real time counter of the game's fps counter.
Nvidia control panel:
AA gamma correction and AA transparency(multi and super sampling) disabled (il2 doesnt use them); mipmap filtering disabled(if you use Anisotropic Filtering it is useless); Thread optimization disabled(the game is not optimized for multi core processors).

amd 6400+ 3.2ghz dual core( not overclocked)
4GB of ram 800mhz
evga 8800gts 640mb superclocked

Quote:
I also used ProcessAffinityMask=2 which only uses the second core I believe. Even having a four core system, Il2 seems to run best using only Core#2 for some reason. If there is a way to somehow optimize this quad core system I am all ears.
Once and for all guys!!!
IL2 is an old game. It was designed and optimized only for one core processors.If you have a multicore one, you can assign, with the ProcessAffinityMask, only one core(it is not important which one) totally devoted to Il2. YOU CAN'T USE MORE THAN ONE CORE!!! STOP!!!

Fair wind and goodbye!!!

Last edited by Deovis; 05-16-2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Well, sorry to hear about those problems. Are you using the latest graphics dll:s released for IL2?

Check this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...5&postcount=41

/Mazex

EDIT - download both zip:s and unpack them. Do backups of the files "il2_core.dll", "il2_corep4.dll" "il2setup.ini" and "conf.ini" in you IL2 dir before coying these files there. Then run IL2Setup.exe and select "Nvidia Geforce 6xxx...9xxxx"... in the video settings tab (and OpenGL 32 bit on the first). Goto conf.ini and change the following lines to your preferred resolution (1280x1024 in my case as that is my 19 inch monitors prefered resolution):

[window]
width=1280
height=1024
Hi Mazex!
Ok, I tried the files you suggested, and it turned to the worse: The screen goes all black and all white sometimes, and then lockes up at 1:32. Had to reebot to get out of it. When this had happened twice, I decided to copy back the files you adviced me to back-up, and things went back to normal. And normal with OpenGL right now is:

On DirectX, things seem to work fine, the FPS-rate is in 100+ on normal flying, so I can happily live with that. The graphics are rather poor compared to OpenGL though.

The search for an OpenGL-solution that works with an FPS higher than... 60 or so continues!

Skarphol