Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Ok, my experience so far with this beta:
Smooth gameplay offline, stutters online - almost as bad as release.
Sound comes and goes, at least online, not noticed it offline.
Can't drop bombs from bombardier position, must be in pilot seat (Blenheim) - I don't know about other bombers.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Its the WEP, not sure why they called it an afterburner, like the post above me says, just a translation error.

Turn it on, advance the throttle to 100%, and it comes on. It shuts off automatically after 1 minute of use.

I don't fly the 109 but I imagine it's because you used up all of your methanol (or whatever boost mix it is). Gone are the days when you can firewall a throttle through 3 or 4 mins of overheat messages with unlimited WEP and still get away with it.

When you use it don't forget to fill in a report for the blackies because they'll need to take that 109 out of action for a few hours whilst they service that engine you took some life out of. And your CO will want to know why you keep using it
Old 05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Actually you can re-engage it just fine, it just turns off after a minute or so in order to prevent you from accidentally forgetting and running WEP for too long.

I don't know if the real 109 had an automatic disengage switch like that, but the same thing doesn't happen in the Ju87, you have to disengage it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16_Neo View Post
Can't drop bombs from bombardier position, must be in pilot seat (Blenheim) - I don't know about other bombers.
This is an interface/controls issue and it's been here before the patch. To drop bombs in an aircraft equipped with a bombsight you have the following choices:

1) Automatic bomb drop: This only works for the luftwaffe bombers that have a gyro-stabilized bomb sight. It's similar to IL2 but with more options, because the level stabilizer has been replaced by a more realistic autopilot.

2) Dropping from the pilot's seat: When you press the bomb trigger, the pilot actually tells the bomb-aimer to release bombs according to the salvo settings you set in the bomb distributor (single, pairs, etc). This works for all aircraft.

3) Manual drop from the bomb-aimer's seat: This is for aircraft with simpler, manual drop bombsights like the Blenheim and the BR20. It still works but you have to zoom out of your bombsight view and actually click on the bomb release button. Of course, this makes things complicated because you either have to go back to the pilot's seat and press the key on your stick (like in example 2 above), or zoom out of your bombsight and click on the switch on the bombardier's station, which reduces your accuracy.

It seems that the bomb release control is mapped as a "pilot only" function. The easiest way thing to fix it would be to make it usable from the bombardier's seat as well, so that when we press the key on our joystick it corresponds to the bombardier's bomb release button.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

I miss bombing, and ground attack. It was always a specialty of our squad.

However, till the CEM, and the bomb sight issues with the Blenheim are worked out, and I can figure a way to come to grips with the FMB, this aspect of the sim is dead to me.

*SIGH*

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
I suspect that if there is to be an official update it will be scheduled before the USA release. The latest patch has MP issues and I guess these need to be fixed along with several other performance/gameplay bugs that have been there since launch. No news is good news......or so they say!
When is that now? I've lost track and can't see it on Ubi either.

If it's not this month (which is fast running out) perhaps 1C would like to release a third post-Steam patch for us to be getting on with? I'd like to get patch 1 with the patch 2 engine-altitude solution and anything else in patch 2 that wasn't porked plus whatever 1C have now fixed from patch 2.

Would that be hard to put together? (that's a question not an insult btw).

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 05-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

I have been playing this beta since release but suddenly the trees are gone!! in all settings. I haven't touch anything and I have not clue what happened.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Unbelievable, all this is already 1 year ago. Feels like last month.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

C'mon Foobar, that was mean. Got me good.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Prat!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

This is so 90ies