Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

Default 100lbs Bombs?

So, Im flying in the pacific, and my squadron just got a mission to bomb a airbase being built.
So i flew and then swooped in dropped my bombs and no explosion, nothing?
Do i need to set the delay timer or anything?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Do you have bomb fuses set in the difficulty settings? If not, then you should be able to drop from any height.

If you have this option set, then go into the arming screen. You will have a few options depending on bomb type: long delay/low level, delay, and instant.

Low level means the bomb can arm at 20 or so meters from the ground. This means the bomb has to fly for a second or two before touching the ground or it will not explode. After this, it has a delay of a few seconds, which means that after it's hit the ground, it will not explode for some time, allowing your plane to get away from blast wave.

Instant setting means the bomb will need a greater time to arm, maybe 10 or 20 seconds, but it will explode immediately upon impact. This is better for level bombers.

German planes have an electric fuse system which can be changed in flight.

Choose the setting you need, then press TAB in flight to check the drop parameters for the bomb and fuse you have selected. This also shows optimum drop parameters for torpedoes as well.

The fuse timing also counts for impact with water, so make sure you're at the right altitude for skip bombing. This was usually done at mast-height, or 20-30 meters, so don't try to skip at 3 feet like you may be used to with previous versions of the game Bombs also skip higher than before and can hit your plane, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Luno13; 03-29-2012 at 06:46 AM.