Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Default Unlucky WWII Aircraft Crews [Real World WWII footage]

Even if it probably already is a well known video, for those who have not seen it:

http://youtu.be/Cxqg_ub3xAw

I do not want to know what some of the pilots and crews thought in their last moments.

What also impressed me quite a bit: The extra mounted fuel tanks seem to have been a ticking bomb. Easy to hit and creating some big explosion.

Regards
DUI

Btw: How do I embed a Youtube video? Just copying the embedding code from Youtune does not seem to work.

Last edited by DUI; 03-11-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

The second shot of the B-17 feathering an outer engine is a reverse of the first one. Somebody just flipped the film around. That seems to happen a lot in these old war films. The people doing the editing either don't know the difference, or figure the viewer won't notice.

The two shots of the B-17 close up, on fire, and pretty well blown up is from an early test of ground to air missiles. A Nike Hercules, I think, in this case.

I always like the shots where the pilot shoves the stick forward with his foot, to put negative G's on the plane, and then pops out of the cockpit.

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
Old 03-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky9 View Post
I always like the shots where the pilot shoves the stick forward with his foot, to put negative G's on the plane, and then pops out of the cockpit.
binky9
See this interview of South African Air Force pilot, specifically the discussion of above bailout technique, beginning at 1:55 ...which went awry in his case. Fascinating personal account!