Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > GEM Editor

GEM Editor All information about MoW map editor

Old 04-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Well, I looked at the mp scout's breed and he has the 'stealth' perk, which im guessing is what gives him is super human hiding ability. However, I have not really noticed it doing anything in singleplayer. I put it on all my modded soldiers and yet even in grass, behind rocks, brick walls and clearly out of line of sight I get spotted. It seems in singleplayer the 'spotting' someone is very basic. If you are in their vision arc you are spotted, if you are not then your not spotted.

As for the entity files e1, e2, e3.....those are the files where the vehicles and weapons and stuff are. The 'resource' folder and all the fun stuff is located in the 'game.pak' file. You just extract the .pak files and I think then you can get your changes to take effect and edit it. If you plan to play online at all and dont want to mess up your base game itd be best to figure out how to make your own mod and activate it in the game under the options/mods tab then just copy all the missions and stuff over to it before editing it. YOu can DL a mod to see how it's set up or there are threads and stuff to tell you how to do it. Either here or on the DMS forums im sure.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Anyone know if is possible to edit a saved game?
I have edited new games but I can't seem to load my saved game into the editor.

Last edited by Gary_P; 01-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Hey GaryP, are you talking about a mission in progress? What did you want to do exactly?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Hey kane1. We talked before. I'm back in love with the MOW game. I purchased all of the addons and finished Vietnam.

Yes. You showed me in another forum how to edit a new game, but what about one in progress?

Say you're playing a game. You finish the level and it takes you to another one that you can't find in the editor. It was like part 2 of the first one with the same map.
Is it possible to load a game in progress into the editor?

This is too fun.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_P View Post
Hey kane1. We talked before. I'm back in love with the MOW game. I purchased all of the addons and finished Vietnam.

Yes. You showed me in another forum how to edit a new game, but what about one in progress?

Say you're playing a game. You finish the level and it takes you to another one that you can't find in the editor. It was like part 2 of the first one with the same map.
Is it possible to load a game in progress into the editor?

This is too fun.
You can, but there are side effects. For one the mission is still in play, meaning what was in motion stays in motion, also if you just swap the mission files the destroyed buildings and stuff well be back to normal. If your making small changes it shouldn't be a problem. Just pause the game to make your changes, and make sure to backup the files.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Where are the files? Do I have to copy the mission file to the editor's folder where the 0.x file is? Maybe rename it or swap the header as we did when we went the other way?

What I wanted to do was add in units. Maybe a tank or a cannon to help my side out.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_P View Post
Where are the files? Do I have to copy the mission file to the editor's folder where the 0.x file is? Maybe rename it or swap the header as we did when we went the other way?

What I wanted to do was add in units. Maybe a tank or a cannon to help my side out.
Here is the path on my Rig,
F:\game install here\men of war\Men of War\resource\map\single\1\1-dubovka
It's an extra step but I always make a save to overwrite just in case, and yeah just do the opposite when porting into the Editor. I ported in the second part of the #4 Russian mission just to make sure it worked. If you have guys moving around just pause the game.

I still haven't finished MoWAS or MoWV. I started playing DeadIsland, and now I'm playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Thanks kane1

I played Dead Island too. It ticked me off because when you drop something then go back, it's gone. Also if you go back to the same area, all of the zombies are alive and well again. Hum-bug.
Skyrim looks really great, but I haven't time for another game