Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 12-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Countering German Armor

When ever I play I am winning then the German Tiger and Panther start to roll out! How do I counter them? I try to flank, but they always have back up from infantry and tanks. I play as US 80% of the time.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

You should use Pershing and Super-Pershing, or damage it's track and finish with the artillery.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

What sort of games are you playing? If its 4v4s or higher you're gonna need stuff like the super pershing, or a heavier variant of the sherman. If you get lucky you can nuke them with infantry, but that only works if they're not bothering to support it. If it's 2v2s, or under, then you shouldn't really be letting them get to that point. Use up your special units and push the map hard, you should be able to either win before they knock out the big guns or force them to keep spending they can't afford a Tiger easily.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Saint View Post
You should use Pershing and Super-Pershing, or damage it's track and finish with the artillery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneSuch View Post
What sort of games are you playing? If its 4v4s or higher you're gonna need stuff like the super pershing, or a heavier variant of the sherman. If you get lucky you can nuke them with infantry, but that only works if they're not bothering to support it. If it's 2v2s, or under, then you shouldn't really be letting them get to that point. Use up your special units and push the map hard, you should be able to either win before they knock out the big guns or force them to keep spending they can't afford a Tiger easily.
What if I used jumbo to tank the damage. Also, anyone else think America has the best inf?
Old 12-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

I remember when I started playing the original MoW I found the King Tiger to be completely unfair because no one had an equivalent to it. But as your experience in this game(and it's expansion) increases you'll actually be happy to encounter them, because that means the opponent doesn't get a giant load of infantry and artillery instead with those points.

When it comes to taking out the KT, you can choose 3 approaches:
1. You take it out with dynamite, a flamethrower, molotov cocktail or a bazooka, I had cases in the original MoW where a bazooka to the side of the hull didn't destroy it though, but to the rear or side of turret it should work.
2. You flank it with a vehicle equipped with a high-velocity gun. I would recommend something a bit agile. The American Slugger is a perfect candidate. If you have trouble getting a flank shot on the target then use a tank with plenty of (frontal) armor to keep the target's attention and main gun busy. You can order it to try to track damage the target. Meanwhile move in with the flanking vehicle and side-shot the (possibly tracked) target. The costs of one damage-absorbing vehicle and one flanking vehicle should be under or just about equal to the King Tiger.
3. Do not engage it directly, from long range all it can do to you is lob HE shells at your infantry. It's main danger to your infantry comes from it's machineguns. If he wants to use those he has to close in, which means you can now much more easily sideshot or infantry-ambush him.

They are scary when you are new to encountering them. The trick is not to engage them in a front-to-front AP shell exchanging slugfest. Once you've encountered enough superheavy-horny players, you'll scoff at those King Tigers.

Light tanks are the scary bastards, they wipe out multiple waves of infantry in an instant, completely opening up your lines.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyNL View Post
I remember when I started playing the original MoW I found the King Tiger to be completely unfair because no one had an equivalent to it. But as your experience in this game(and it's expansion) increases you'll actually be happy to encounter them, because that means the opponent doesn't get a giant load of infantry and artillery instead with those points.

1. You take it out with dynamite, a flamethrower, molotov cocktail or a bazooka, I had cases in the original MoW where a bazooka to the side of the hull didn't destroy it though, but to the rear or side of turret it should work.
2. You flank it with a vehicle equipped with a high-velocity gun. I would recommend something a bit agile. The American Slugger is a perfect candidate. If you have trouble getting a flank shot on the target then use a tank with plenty of (frontal) armor to keep the target's attention and main gun busy. You can order it to try to track damage the target. Meanwhile move in with the flanking vehicle and side-shot the (possibly tracked) target. The costs of one damage-absorbing vehicle and one flanking vehicle should be under or just about equal to the King Tiger.
3. Do not engage it directly, from long range all it can do to you is lob HE shells at your infantry. It's main danger to your infantry comes from it's machineguns. If he wants to use those he has to close in, which means you can now much more easily sideshot or infantry-ambush him.

They are scary when you are new to encountering them. The trick is not to engage them in a front-to-front AP shell exchanging slugfest. Once you've encountered enough superheavy-horny players, you'll scoff at those King Tigers.

Light tanks are the scary bastards, they wipe out multiple waves of infantry in an instant, completely opening up your lines.
Is the Jumbo the heaviest tank that can hold off against the KT?
Old 12-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

The KT, the Jagdpanther, and the Nashorn all have an 88mm Long. This gun can penetrate even the Jumbo at near 100m. At 50m, the Jumbo 76 will have trouble taking out a King from the front.

As mentioned earlier, artillery and bazookas are the best way to disable a KT. To kill a KT it is best to flank the KT, or hit the side of the turret as it is the weakest part of the KT and a disabled turret can disable the KT for a while. To do this it is best to distract the KT's turret from one side and knock it out with a high velocity gun on the other side. After some practice, the tiger series isn't as indestructible as one might think
Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyNL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
The KT, the Jagdpanther, and the Nashorn all have an 88mm Long. This gun can penetrate even the Jumbo at near 100m. At 50m, the Jumbo 76 will have trouble taking out a King from the front.

As mentioned earlier, artillery and bazookas are the best way to disable a KT. To kill a KT it is best to flank the KT, or hit the side of the turret as it is the weakest part of the KT and a disabled turret can disable the KT for a while. To do this it is best to distract the KT's turret from one side and knock it out with a high velocity gun on the other side. After some practice, the tiger series isn't as indestructible as one might think
Thanks for the help you guys! Are any of you guys willing to add me to your friends list so you can teach me a little more?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

sideshot with APCR from a hellcat does the trick almost all the time.

You have to be sneaky though.

The slugger is more of a hard counter though, the 90mm can destroy the tiger at long range. Just be careful to keep it back since all american TDs have paper armor.

you can add me on steam, same name.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskygrad View Post
sideshot with APCR from a hellcat does the trick almost all the time.

You have to be sneaky though.

The slugger is more of a hard counter though, the 90mm can destroy the tiger at long range. Just be careful to keep it back since all american TDs have paper armor.

you can add me on steam, same name.
Your Steam friends list is full. Also, I guess Slugger can kill a Tiger from the front?