Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Ammo Belts Loadout/Exploit Dicussion

Eventually when the air wars start I believe the need to enforce certain loadouts to stop people exploting the ammo belts will have to come into effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Type of improvement:

Fairness/Historical accuracy.

Explanation of proposals:

Historically accurate ammo load outs on server settings.

Benefits:

With the ability to set your own ammo belts players can make lethal setups that have no basis to ones used during ww2. This can be seen as an exploit and realistic servers need to have a preset ammo belt set to stop potential exploits.
So do you agree, don't get me wrong I love the ability to change the belts but we should not be able to load only mines shells unless they did that during the war... This should only apply to servers that are endeavouring to be realistic.

So what's your opinion, is this something that needs to be server set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Not sure about hitorically correct ammo loadouts as this brings up the question of custom convergence settings too. There are already some very sophisticated set ups and guarded with utmost secrecy by the squads using them....(have heard talk but don't ask me - I don't know! ) The De-Wilde used by the RAF in BoB was a version of the type invented and manufactured in Switzerland but adapted for Mass Production. They were to be highly favoured by RAF pilots - just how many were actually used I do not Know but they were in use - how do you set something like this in a historically correct context?

In game, for Red fighters a 50/50 De-Wilde/0.303 Ball or AP seems to be the favoured mix but DM is the main problem in MP that needs to be sorted.

Some of the DM that works in SP to destroy or seriousley impact is not working in MP - e.g, igniting the Fuel Tank on a BF109 in SP kills the pilot and the plane - in MP they RTB.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.

Last edited by SEE; 01-09-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Yes that is a problem, but you do run out of fuel when the fuel tank goes, when the fuel tank catches fire you do die quickly but when it explodes you don't even have a scratch!!! Lol

However I have never changed my spit ammo and have never had a blue aircraft catch fire!!!

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
Old 01-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

The BF109 does ignite spectactularly but keeps on flying in MP.

Most Reds will tell you that the default ammo belt is not as good or effective as a custom one and most use a much lower convergence than default or that was historically correct/used.

I prefer to have the choice and no limits imposed as long as that ordinance was actually available.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

100% agree.

like in 1946 ( not sure about COD ), mission makers were able to select either if the palyer could choose is ammo loadout ( could he carry bombs? was he forced to take off with a bomb? etc ) and fuel ( sometimes you were forced to take off with 100% others with jsut 25%. ). So i believe mission makers should be able to have an option "user can select personalized weapon loadout?" or give the user the choice to select between a couple of pre maid ammo loadouts.

its a complete different setting taking off in a all Mineshells + High penetration MG 109's or a 100% high penetration + incendiary spitfire, thant the default loudout.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Since the ATAG switched missions I have started flying E1 and just before the E4 was released I forgot i had setup the E1 with a few incindery rounds and now spits and hurris catch fire quite easily... I will be adding it to E4

Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

I would like for servers to restrict ammo type or amount but would object to not being able to set my own convergence. I don't know if one could be done without the other.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

The problem is that the default load outs would have to be historically correct and, from my various sources, there were a variety used. Interestingly, Tracer + AP + reg Ball + De-wilde isn't available in the standard belt options for RAF fighters depite being a stock loadout according to some the sources I have.

When exactly this loadout was actually introduced is not mentioned - I see another set of arguments as per the 100 octane fuel debate.

Maybe you should have this as a voting Poll Krupi?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Yeah will do one now .

Plus this should be on the front page.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Just to better understand the "historicaly correct" meaning, who was deciding the kind of ammo to be loaded on the belt in real life?????

The ministry, the squadron commander, the wing commander, the pilot, etc. etc. ?

We put so much pressure to Maddox to make the ammo belt player-adjusted. I am speechless to see that now we go back to them to ask them to take the feature out.... LOL

~S~

Last edited by 335th_GRAthos; 01-09-2012 at 12:31 PM.