Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
I am a strong proponent of CoD (proud to be a fanboi! ), but there's something very wrong in having to work step by step with the newly-initiated to just get the damn thing running on their usually up-to-date PC's.
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps add to the manual "After installation it is strongly advicable to go to the official forum and get free help with tweaking or you will not be able to play the game."
Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
You have a weak pc dude. Even if you get the Gf570GTX, the quad will struggle to keep up.

A good i5 platform is minimum to get satisfactory gameplay here.
And that's fine. The system specs should reflect that so that people like me don't waste money on a game we can't play. If the system requirements reflected reality, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Cavalry_Sgt View Post
And that's fine. The system specs should reflect that so that people like me don't waste money on a game we can't play. If the system requirements reflected reality, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
FWIW I'm getting very satisfactory gameplay on my Q6600 system with settings on medium. I think your CPU is better than mine.

My video card is a GTX460, 1 GB, which although the previous generation beats yours in performance. Maybe you can return your new video card and swap it for a 460. I got mine refurbished for cheaper than what new 550tis are going for.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps add to the manual "After installation it is strongly advicable to go to the official forum and get free help with tweaking or you will not be able to play the game."
Heh, wouldn't hurt. A few links to the forums would be helpful.

Most common complaint for newcomers is "the psychedelic instrument panel" (turn epilepsy filter to OFF). Stutters can be reduced by disabling Desktop Composition in the launcher.exe properties. Frame rates greatly boosted by turning off certain features in the sim's Options/Video menu, and turning other features down. Spitfire/Hurricane mirrors toggled to "OFF" in-game will yield many systems a jaw-dropping 10-15 fps increase, etc etc etc

Probably should have a sticky in each forum: "Before starting CoD for the first time, read this and FREAKING DO WHAT IT SAYS!" Many of us have got CoD running very well (per the many YouTube videos), but a lot of tweaking and head scratching came first for lots of us.

I have to think future patches will address this. Firing up a new sim should give you an "Aha - moment"; not a "WTF! - nightmare". LOL

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; 01-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Well, good news! I was able to return the game. Steam was kind enough to make an exception to their normal policies and issue a credit.
Closed Thread