Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 11-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Thanks man, nope not yet , hopefully I'll have time to check it out
this weekend .

and since it's a new page I'll post this again :

The new release is up

download link :

MOW Vietnam new missions V07 :

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b1955731.html

some screen shots :

(previous pages)

enjoy , and let me know if there are any problems .

Last edited by Men Of Peace; 11-24-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

Hello, guys some of the people in our group have been trying to edit the sound files, but still we have not been able to do so in our attempts at this time, we have also tryed arming the f4 with bombs from the presest that are given, it might have to be script some how. We also have been looking at the MOWA and othere series to see how they had the aircraft to drop ordance, we will pop smoke if we find out how it's done.

Thanks for dropp'n the new mission Men Of Peace

Last edited by MACV HQ; 11-25-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

Default Thanks

Thank you Men of Peace, i purchased MOW Vietnam just a few nights ago since i loved The previous Men of wars, i was so dissapointed with the lack of battle sizes, i play MOW for the epic battles..

Anyway keep up the good work, i am truely grateful for saving my from returning this some how even though steam doesn't useally allow people to return games .

Tyler
Old 11-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Registered Member

Hey Men of Peace, got a issue, on the second mission where the convoy suppose to come down the road, it's like the 3rd objective, it never comes.

I sat there for about 20 minutes and the convoy would never come, it's quite aggervating cause i really wannna get through the mission.

Please help :d

Tyler.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerTR95 View Post
Thank you Men of Peace, i purchased MOW Vietnam just a few nights ago since i loved The previous Men of wars, i was so dissapointed with the lack of battle sizes, i play MOW for the epic battles..

Anyway keep up the good work, i am truely grateful for saving my from returning this some how even though steam doesn't useally allow people to return games .

Tyler
You welcome man ,and thanks .

Quote:
Hey Men of Peace, got a issue, on the second mission where the convoy suppose to come down the road, it's like the 3rd objective, it never comes.

I sat there for about 20 minutes and the convoy would never come, it's quite aggervating cause i really wannna get through the mission.

Tyler.
The convoy dont show up ? first time i hear about this one .
sorry for the inconvenience .

you can do 2 things , one is to restart the mission or load
earlier save and get to that point again and see if there is
any difference ,because i played that mission many times
and so did other people and as far as i know you are the
first one that had this bug .

or if you dont have patience for that you can open up the
next few missions this way :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men Of Peace View Post

go to :

C:\Documents and setting\%USERNAME%\My Documents\My Games\men of war:vietnam \profiles\player

(if you use other profile go to the active profile folder)

open the file game_progress.set with a text editor(back up the file
before in case you mess things up)

find the code :

{"single/vnewmissions/vmod2:0"

and add below it :
{completed}

this should open the third mission in the game .

if you want to open the rest of the missions (beside the last one)

add the parts of the code you need to the game_progress.set file .
(if you already have vmod1:0 and {completed} below it obviously
you dont need to copy that part)

Code:
		{"single/vnewmissions/vmod1:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "You managed to lead the forces into victory , the enemy base was captured and cleared , a major blow for the enemy which was forced to retreat further into the north.\n\n"}
			{stat "Enemies killed: <x(135)> 1203 men, 3 vehicles\nAllied casualties: <x(135)>209 men, 3 vehicles"}
			{time 1316537445}
		}
		{"single/vnewmissions/vmod2:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "Your actions,along with many similiar operations that were carried along the cambodia border during that period,paved the road for our air forces and ground troops to attack hostile forces inside cambodia,which was used as a safe haven and base for across the border attacks against U.S and friendly Vitnames forces.\n\n"}
			{stat "Enemies killed: <x(135)> 520 men, 9 vehicles\nAllied casualties: <x(135)>84 men, 0 vehicles"}
			{time 1317141848}
		}
		{"single/vnewmissions/vmod3:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "The tet offensive ,countrywide in scope and well coordinated,with more then 80000 communist troops striking more then 100 towns and cities,including 36 of the provnicial capitals,and 72 of the 245 district towns,was the largest military operation yet by either side up to that point in the war. the initial attacks stunned the U.S and south Vietnamise army and took them by suprise,but most were quikly contained and beaten back,inflicting massive casualties on communist forces.\n\n"}
			{stat "Enemies killed: <x(135)> 2238 men, 34 vehicles\nAllied casualties: <x(135)>76 men, 2 vehicles"}
			{time 1317666131}
		}
		{"single/vnewmissions/vmod4:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "Your forces intrecepted a weapon smuggling operation and a hostile village who harbored VC soldiers,the VC and the NVA did'nt gave up easily and tried a counter attack in attempt to retake the village,which was sucsessfully beaten ,large ammount of weapon and ammo was seized and destroyed.good day for our forces.\n\n"}
			{stat "Enemies killed: <x(135)> 578 men, 5 vehicles\nAllied casualties: <x(135)>43 men, 4 vehicles"}
			{time 1318263977}
		}
		{"single/vnewmissions/vmod5:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "The 2/501st Infantry and ARVN 2/3d Infantry battalions were airlifted into LZs northeast and southeast of the base of the mountain on May 19. Both battalions immediately moved onto the mountain to positions from which they would attack the following morning.The 3rd Brigade launched its four-battalion attack at 10:00 on May 20, including two companies of the 3/187th reinforced by Alpha Company 2/506th. The attack was preceded by two hours of close air support and ninety minutes of artillery prep fires. The battalions attacked simultaneously, and by 12:00 elements of the 3/187th reached the crest,beginning a reduction of bunkers that continued through most of the afternoon. Some PAVN units were able to withdraw into Laos,and Hill 937 was secured by 17:00.\n\n"}
			{stat "Enemies killed: <x(135)> 1606 men, 12 vehicles\nAllied casualties: <x(135)>723 men, 5 vehicles"}
			{time 1318701554}
		}
		{"single/vnewmissions/vmod6:0"
			{completed}
			{outro "\n\n "}
			{stat "Enemies killed: <x(135)> 184 men, 5 vehicles\nAllied casualties: <x(135)>175 men, 3 vehicles"}
			{time 1318269623}
		}
Old 11-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Tyler.

I think you need to kill every vc and burn a few houses.

When I replay it a few days later, I have the same problem even I had burn every houses and the convoy task didn't happen. It is very odd.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Men Of Peace just finished your last mission and I have to say it's friggin' awesome!!! I enjoyed blowing up entire town with the arty

Dropping the idea of making the campaign with those 6 missions, figured it'll be a whole lot easier to send them to you one by one, after I make them. If it's not 2 hard for you, think you could edit them a bit (finishing work and such) when you get them? Thanks anyway!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men Of Peace View Post
You welcome man ,and thanks .

The convoy dont show up ? first time i hear about this one .
sorry for the inconvenience .

you can do 2 things , one is to restart the mission or load
earlier save and get to that point again and see if there is
any difference ,because i played that mission many times
and so did other people and as far as i know you are the
first one that had this bug .

or if you dont have patience for that you can open up the
next few missions this way :
Alright man, thanks for the quick response i can get back to playing i appreciate it!

Just out of Curiosity got steam? maybe i could add ya?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw007 View Post
I think you need to kill every vc and burn a few houses.

When I replay it a few days later, I have the same problem even I had burn every houses and the convoy task didn't happen. It is very odd.
Maybe, there was a few vc Left, but i had such a small force i didn't wanna risk it.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Men of peace thanks for the great job, all new missions is power. I have problem in 7 mission.
I gather all the troops from front line into the fort and after 2 hours playing, the game crashes....