Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
IamNotDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper117 View Post
Maybe you would like to come and tell the members of my regiment who had mates who died there, to their face, that it was a mistake...
I had no problem telling it to a Navy SEAL in the O Club at NAS Oceana, I'm sure I'd have no problem telling it to your buddies.

The fact that lots of people were killed for nothing does not make it less of an idiotic mistake, it makes it MORE of an idiotic mistake.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

I don't care who you told it to before.. if you were to come the same attitude in our mess, you wouldn't have the same outcome.
In fact your brazen attitude, regardless of the politics would guarantee it.. You can pm me.. I'll even arrange it, then you can spout off as much as you like.
If you don't like the idea of coming to the mess, you can say the same to me in person..
Old 10-19-2011, 07:00 PM
IamNotDavid

Quote:
I don't care who you told it to before.. if you were to come the same attitude in our mess, you wouldn't have the same outcome.
In fact your brazen attitude, regardless of the politics would guarantee it.. You can pm me.. I'll even arrange it, then you can spout off as much as you like.
If you don't like the idea of coming to the mess, you can say the same to me in person..
What's wrong with my attitude? There was no WMD. There was no Al Qaeda (well, not until we created a great situation for them). There was no reason to invade. We pissed away at least $1 trillion and thousands of lives for nothing (well, not completely nothing, we also dramatically increased Iran's influence in Iraq). By every measure it was a disaster. Sorry if you're pissed off about your buddies being killed for nothing, but that's exactly what has happened, and that has nothing to do with my "attitude".
Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
Like it or not the whole Iraq war/invasion was a huge mistake. It was just one of GWB's bad ideas. Hell, Afghanistan wasnt even done right. We should have been out of there after a year.
I'm not interested in politics, like any soldier, we just go and do our job when told to.
But there are too many people on here that spout off believing there is going to be no consequences to what they say, just because its on 'the internet' and it makes it impersonal.
I'm more interested that someone believes they could just walk into another persons country, establishment, and tell people who risked everything, and some paid the price, and tell them they died in an 'idiotic war' and walk away unscathed.
That is a blatant, arrogant, uncaring attitude, that would be recieved and delt with accordingly..
I've spent alot of time working with many foriegn military contingents, and I would never go into their establishment and arrogantly tell them what I thought..
Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
IamNotDavid

Quote:
I'm not interested in politics, like any soldier, we just go and do our job when told to.
But there are too many people on here that spout off believing there is going to be no consequences to what they say, just because its on 'the internet' and it makes it impersonal.
I'm more interested that someone believes they could just walk into another persons country, establishment, and tell people who risked everything, and some paid the price, and tell them they died in an 'idiotic war' and walk away unscathed.
That is a blatant, arrogant, uncaring attitude, that would be recieved and delt with accordingly..
I've spent alot of time working with many foriegn military contingents, and I would never go into their establishment and arrogantly tell them what I thought..
Sorry if you don't want to hear the truth about that disaster. You might want to avoid the internet for the next 20+ years.

By the way, you might also want to read up on that "freedom of speech" bullsh!t. It's one of the things you're supposed to be defending.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

...aaand here we go again...

guys, at least have the decency of offending each other in another thread on the subject..
Old 10-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

concur urizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
Fair enough. I still find it out of place to use words like "moronic", "nutty" and "idiotic", just because it differs from your idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotDavid View Post
I'm not using those words because this scheme differs from my idea, I'm using them because this scheme differs from any common sense and sanity.
zing, i believe

Quote:
threats of physical violence on a public forum? tut tut tut...
Quote:
uh, no offence, but didn't that kind of moral opt-out bite the dust after my-lai. how can you not take an interest in what you are being ordered to do, even if you then lay it aside as "they know what they're doing".

the loss of service personnel in iraq and afghanistan is all the more tragic for it being, after years of hindsight, a pretty pointless venture which was bungled horribly. especially iraq. afghanistan is debatable at least, but iraq? jeez.

anyway, so, how did hitler make his way to argentina, are we talking prototype submarine here?
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb
Old 10-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
how did hitler make his way to argentina
In the prototype Nazi flying saucer, obviously...
Head tracking: TrackIR 5. Sore neck: See previous.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Approved Member

Hitler was a wornout, shattered junkie by '45 .. who cares if he went to south American ?

.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Old 10-20-2011, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Maybe you would like to come and tell the members of my regiment who had mates who died there, to their face, that it was a mistake...
Too many testosterone guys round here IMHO.

I don't understand why having it for real they move to a sim but well ....

- Yes!
- No!
- I'll kill you !

Pathetic.

CPU Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 -> OC 4 Ghz MB ASUS P6T Cooler Noctua NH-D14 Memory 12GB
GPU 2x nVidia 285 GTX 1GB SLI HD 2x SATAII WD VelociRaptor 150GB RAID 0
SB ASUS Xonar DS/DT 7.1 PSU Tagan 1100W OS W7 Ult.64 LCD LG W2284F-PF
TrackIR 3 Pro + Saitek X-52 + Saitek Pro Rudders Pedals + Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant + Saitek PcDash 2