Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Interesting

There is that 'claim' again.. That we did not receive something that was advertised on the box

So, maybe I am missing something that was listed on the box (or STEAM download site)

So please.. can anyone point me to something 'REAL' that we did not receive that was advertised?

Anyone?

Enh.. I don't know, based on 1C track record I think they will pull it off.. It might take awhile but I honestly belive that a year from now CoD will be held up as the best flight sim ever. I could be wrong but I hope not! But based on 1C track record with IL-2, what with all the support and patches that not only fixed things but added new content.. I think our only change is with 1C in that other game makers take the money and run.
Mate you got your one point i promised about Dx11. There are many others that have been cut from the game by the Lead Developers own admissions due to epifilter. I refuse to believe that you have been posting since 2010 and didnt watch the same development process that we have been watching, and I'm sure the data has been ommended on the avertisements. I cannot prove it but I believe that what i saw on release has been ommended to what it is now, which of course is the right thing to do.

But more to the point what the hell is wrong with people here? are these forums just full of people that want to insult each other.

We can disagree and discuss without the insults

Last edited by Gerbil Maximus; 10-11-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Its pretty damn good, certainly a step beyond rof.
I'd disagree. While the recent changes to the colours/lighting have indeed improved the visuals in CloD I still think RoF looks a lot better. One of my biggest problems is that South England in CloD simply doesn't look like South England while RoF's terrain does IMO an excellent job of recreating the looks of 1914-18 north-west France.

IMHO the composition of textures, lighting and 3d objects provides a much more pleasant result than CloD. Oh, and RoF has working FSAA...

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Last edited by ParaB; 10-11-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

C'mon guys, lets not start bashing other games.. I have Rof, IL2 1946, CoD, FSX and others, and they are all great in their own way..
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaB View Post
I'd disagree. While the recent changes to the colours/lighting have indeed improved the visuals in CloD I still think RoF looks a lot better. One of my biggest problems is that South England in CloD simply doesn't look like South England while RoF's terrain does IMO an excellent job of recreating the looks of 1914-18 north-west France.

IMHO the composition of textures, lighting and 3d objects provides a much more pleasant result than CloD. Oh, and RoF has working FSAA...

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Nice pic.

You will see, once we have FSAA the lighting and weather sorted then we can compare pics until then compare pics with no weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 10-11-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper117 View Post
C'mon guys, lets not start bashing other games.. I have Rof, IL2 1946, CoD, FSX and others, and they are all great in their own way..
I'm not bashing I love rof but the multiplayer left me wanting more, there are a number of things that rof do not model and il2 already does... I will continue to support both games.

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Look at something called the FMB and check the game out douche... Its pretty damn good, certainly a step beyond rof.
theres nothing ground breaking in there, game breaking maybe, cos its got some pretty models of hangars and kubel wagons, is that a ground breaking 3d engine.

Last edited by Sneaksie; 10-11-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Obscene language, insults
Old 10-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm not bashing I love rof but the multiplayer left me wanting more, there are a number of things that rof do not model and il2 already does... I will continue to support both games.
Yes mate.. me too!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Using your criteria Repent, NO flight sim that I have ever bought (going back to Elite on my Apple][+ and I've had a few of them) has ever run "fine" at release. Until I see a video of you running the original Il2 playing the Black Death track at a consistent 60 FPS I will take your comment with a grain of salt!

Cheers!
perhaps you read my comment wrong, but you admit that when we are getting to the stage of 60fps then we can talk fine?? and tbh mate, we are hardly still in the new release stage are we?? six months has passed since then.......

i could show you rise of flight running at a constant 60 fps, during actual game play, not some silly black death benchmark,the old il2 also ran at 60 fps during game play, ya can have a full shaker of salt with this comment, watch you dont get any on ya though, you might melt

Last edited by SYN_Repent; 10-11-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Lmao butt hurt rof fanboy I appreciate both games but rof has some flaws it's not my fault that your too blind to see this, but it's nice to have a taste of what bliss went through for simply for stating his opinion when he was with syn.

Like I said I support both games and some have things the other doesn't obviously rof has been out for a while now and is more polished.

It's your kind of utter bs that will drive a wedge between the two communities.

Quote:

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 10-11-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Repent View Post
your game runs "fine" nudge?? im sorry but i think your perception of fine and everyone else's must be out of whack, as looking at your screenshots there, the cpu and gfx card you have, there is no way the game would run "fine" on high settings, especially the settings your using, christ, if its true then we all need to build your system.

fine for me is 60 fps, locked at my vsync, what fps are you getting to state a fine performance??
Remember this is a dedicated game pc only there is no rubbish running in the backgound burning resources and causing latency issues of wich most may misinterpret as a graphics issue or lag. As for my in game perfomance I will endevour to post evidence of how well it runs on my system...My game is very playable although I have not yet checked framerates I imagine they are not more than average of 30fps the maximum the human brain/eye can register. However it is smooth to play even with those settings in nvidea settings as global settings..the only lagging i experience is from the servers online with regard to caching player skins and spawn lag...dont get me wrong of course the game is not up to standards and in my opinion yet to be of merchentable quality and as such should be a closed beta test..however its too late for that as this is the best possible way I think the developers can confront the ongoing battle with this development.

BUT THE POINT OF MY POST IS NOT ABOUT MY SYSTEM BUT ABOUT OTHERS...and there crash.dmp files and specs etc so the info can be used to address the short comings of the game....A WELL KNOWN FACT THESE SHORT COMINGS...(The developers already know all this what they need is constructive feedback with supporting evidence that they can use to move forward. But for some reason everyone continues to state the obvious without providing the info the developers have requested. YES post the issues you are having but also POST the info requested or dont be a part of the Beta testing for the patches PLAIN AND SIMPLE thats my point.

OK SYN_Repeat I havesearched all 47 of your posts, but alas not once have you provided any details with regards to usable info such as crash.dmp or even your system specs???????

As this is my point exactly, so I ask you this...what are your specs mate? And what game settings are you using with what results?

At least from us (All on these forums) doing this we can maybe try each others settings to see if we get the same results or different?

My bet is that you are using an ATI GPU?

For those having issues if you have a spare HDD try a clean Operating Sytem install and running the game from there.
Closed Thread