Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

My thinking was this, and this idea even has some complications/problems but may somehow be a compromise.

Yes Battlefield isn't the best experience and i don't think that it would be that great for playability to get that deep into a FPS.

However, some kind of 'canned' animation sequences could be done. And user controllable. I would do it just like TOW does it; have a third person view, and you click to your destination, be it another plane or the barracks, or something else. It would kind of polish off the experience of pre/post flight.

Strafing, I guess, could be a possibility in multiplayer, maybe it would be a 1 min time out if the person was killed. Preflight would have a invincibility timer of X number of minutes to get to your plane from barracks.

Maybe this could be taken a little farther and be implemented into the interface, kind of like Janes WWII fighters was set up, i.e. you move from room to room, maybe your character could move with you as you select options. I can think of you character/pilot moving under a wing, to work on the bomb load when you select armaments. Maybe he would pick up a paint and do something when you pick a new skin, etc etc. Just a little here and there.

Eventually it would be nice to see some ground troop/people movement here and there on the ground, when attacking an airfield it would be really great (maybe you can't shoot them, thats ok) to see pilots scramble to their planes. We would just need hardware to catch up a little.

The point A to point B (flying the plane) doesn't have to be a bunch of boring menus entirely.

Look, I use a Mac for some of the same reasons, there are lots of little things in the interface, animations, etc that add up make the over all experience that much better, it may be the same Point A to Point B that are on every other computer (windows/linix etc) but getting between those two points shouldn't be boring either, after all its what you stair at day-in day-out. (please this isn't a Mac/Pc thing, they are all good)

Just some thoughts/dreams.

Greg

Last edited by gflinch; 10-03-2011 at 02:05 AM.