Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
Hey, no prob; thanks! I got it it back to where it was through Windows Recovery. That Bill Gates is a great guy! LOL

Also, my experience needn't be universal -- everyone's system is set up a little differently (or a LOT differently) and likely someone else will have no difficulty whatsoever.

Like most here, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia drivers a gazillion times before without a hitch. Before I uninstall a current driver I try to remember to set up a Recovery Point first. Then I reboot and hit F8 during the reboot in order to select "Safe Mode". I believe this switches the video driver from the Nvidia one I'm about to uninstall with the generic Windows 7 video driver. Once I've done a Safe Reboot, I go to Control Panel, Hardware Uninstall, select Nvidia graphic driver and double click. I also uninstall all the associated Nvidia files clustered around it. Upon doing a further reboot, I then navigate to the freshly downloaded new beta driver .exe file and double click on it. What normally follows is a new installation - it takes a little while but usually is a smooth process. Guess last night was not my night!
I know why windows will just reinstall the driver back after you reboot in normal mode.. What happens is this... In the past if you ever installed newer drivers without uninstalling your driver before windows saves that old driver still and when you uninstall your current driver after reboot windows will auto load that last driver.. If you keep uninstalling though it will go threw all the previous versions you never uninstalled before and edventually you can uninstall them all.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Installed the beta drivers without any problems and they work like charm. thanks.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
Thanks, Steffam, looks like I could've saved myself a lot of grief last night! LOL I'll probably wait 'til 285.27 goes WQHL before I update - by then we'll know more about it, no doubt.
scary story....maybe look in to getting one of those driver cleaner programs, i have one it seems to do the job, just search for one im sure their are many, and i dont know if we are allowed to advertise other programs on here but you are better off doing the research on your own anyways
Old 09-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

Nice fps gain in CoD for me with a gtx560ti and seems smoother.But makes firefox crash every now and then and I get a pop that says the driver failed when firefox crashes.But in CoD nice improvement, and also better score in 3dmark 11.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Cancel that...it's exactly the same, may have just been the mission I chose that seemed to show an improvment.Slightly better 3dmark11 score but nothing stunning.Doesn't seem to be a magic tweak with this game besides turning everything down and making it look like cfs1.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Have now re-installed 285.27 beta, found that with the new driver instal a couple of settings had changed which I hadn't picked up on. Now have AA "forced on", and think I have improvement with "micro pause" situation once cards are up to running temps.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

I'm still using drivers 270.61 without much problems, only real prob so far is when i right click and hold my mouse then drag to zoom in and out only to have my driver crash. i realise 270.81 might be a bit on dinosaur but it's a good stable base to start playing COD.

When I get more serious CODding i will probably need to upgrade my driver, anyone suggest a good stable one for GTX580s.

Thanks

He111.
.....--oOo-- --oOo-- HE-111 --oOo-- --oOo--.....
========================================
-oOo- Intel i7-2600K (non-clocked) -oOo- GA-P67A
-oOo- DF 85 full tower -oOo- 1000W corsair
-oOo- 8 GB 1600Hz -oOo- 2 x GTX 580 1.5M (295.73)
-oOo- 240 SSD -oOo- W7 64bit
-oOo- PB2700 LED 2560 x 1440 6ms 60Hz -oOo-
========================================
Old 09-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorak View Post
I know why windows will just reinstall the driver back after you reboot in normal mode.. What happens is this... In the past if you ever installed newer drivers without uninstalling your driver before windows saves that old driver still and when you uninstall your current driver after reboot windows will auto load that last driver.. If you keep uninstalling though it will go threw all the previous versions you never uninstalled before and edventually you can uninstall them all.
OK......I get the Idiot of the Year Award. In a nutshell, I tried to install the Win 7 32-bit driver into my Win 7 64-bit OS. Last night I decided to delete my beta 285.27 download figuring it was corrupt. It was simply the wrong version that I had selected to download from pure carelessness. The CORRECT version installed beautifully over the 280.26 (no uninstall necessary -- thanks!) and is working well.