Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

So you are laughing about cheating,yet act like you are against cheating.Strange.
And you can find numerous posts from me,all written in good faith at the time.So, it appears that I was wrong about you,and you were just a cheat all along.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 01-04-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

I apologise. I should have been more clear. A different emoticon may have been better.

I'm not laughing at you. I was smiling with approval of your post that was quoted.

Last edited by Daichidicki; 01-04-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Bill View Post
It is the same poster, i'll leave it at that.

I'll also say, that all is not as it seems, from either a pro- or anti-modders perspective.
You got that right.All is definately not as it seems here.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 01-04-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
No I didn't - but after OldBuzzard words "If you aren't going to be a part of the solution, then at least don't hinder those that are trying to find that solution", I understood he was among the ones who try to find one... so I asked if he had something to propose.
If I would have said "... those of US that are ..." you would have been correct. However that isn't what I said.

I don't have the technological skills to come up with a solution, but I'll not stand in the way of those that do.

Is that too much to ask of ANYONE that enjoys this game?

I use the mod offline, and in some places online (where it's allowed, and EVERYONE is using it), and I like it much better than the 'official version'. Especially with the planes that were AI only and are now flyable. Having those aircraft available opens up a whole new dimension, especially in co-ops.

As for FM/DM/Weapon changes, I'm totally opposed to making ANY change whatsoever to any plane that Oleg released as FLYABLE. Even for the AI's now flyable, I'm not in favor of FM/DM changes unless it's absolutely necessary.

As for the 6DOF/4DOF row, I'm staying out of that argument. I don't have/use TIR to start with, so that means that I'm at a disadvantage in either case.

I actually agree with some of the 'non mod' concerns. We DO need a way for those that wish to use the 'pure version', and be assured that someone with the 'mod version' isn't interfering with their game. However, just standing on the side and screaming "Witch, burn him!" isn't going to help come up with a solution. It's going to take people from BOTH sides getting together and helping EACH OTHER.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
it looks like you actually support known cheaters now? A known cheater will never have my support,yet you seem to support
what is it with hack kiddies having a lack of ability to think in a straight line for even 60 sec.

1) this thread's specific purpose is to demonstrate how easy it is to cheat with the new hacks, because the hack kiddies themselves claim it is impossible and all they want to do is paint flowers on their 109's and sing kumbaya
2) a person named Daichidicki makes several anti-hack posts in this thread
3) a few screen shot are posted with somebody using a nick similar to Daichi which simply show proof how easy it is to fly restricted planes on full real servers (ie checksum 2 doesnt prevent it)

and now wait for it ..........

4) uther who directly financially pays the hackers to support them, and promotes here openly that stealing from oleg and vandalizing his property is ok, now suddenly this same uther says that Daichidicki shouldnt post here

no free prizes for detecting the irrational step in the argument
Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
and promotes here openly that stealing from oleg and vandalizing his property is ok
steal (TAKE AWAY) Show phonetics
verb [I or T] stole, stolen
1 to take something without the permission or knowledge of the owner and keep it:

So what exactly has a Mod user taken?

Or are you just being rude and agressive (again) for the simple reason that you would prefer all legitimate purchasers of IL2 to be restricted to using exactly the same install of the game as you do?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbirder View Post
steal (TAKE AWAY) Show phonetics
verb [I or T] stole, stolen
1 to take something without the permission or knowledge of the owner and keep it:

So what exactly has a Mod user taken?

Or are you just being rude and agressive (again) for the simple reason that you would prefer all legitimate purchasers of IL2 to be restricted to using exactly the same install of the game as you do?
Jason:

I'd just leave it alone from here on out. The anti-modders are intractable, the pro-modders are equally so.

Responding to Zap's childish insult-laden posts is just pouring more words onto a post that is going nowhere, fast. I don't know about you, but i personally left the schoolyard name-calling in the dim past 30 years ago.. if zap et al are still stuck back there, then let them have at it, alone. They can argue with themselves for all i care.

As i've indicated earlier, there appears to be more than meets the eye going on here, in terms of this pro-modder/anti-modder slag-fest on this forum, and the 'other' forum.. and it doesn't sit well with me at all. Uther has only confirmed what i also was PM'd.

It matters to me not one bit any longer what the anti-modders care about this controversy. Sorry about your luck with your 'pure version' v.4.0.* 1946 game online, but i'm going to continue enjoying both my modded and unmodded versions, both online and offline, without really a care about what these anti-mod zealots think - because in the end, it's just a game, and it's just a spewage of random ascii on forum topics, that should have been moderated or locked down long ago.

Have fun. Thats what is important. If you can't have fun with the present situation, well it sucks to be you. Just move on and stop the whining. There are far more important things in life to get all bent about - this isn't one of them.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

what really gets twisted here is the impression that there are "anti - modders".
Here, as far as i can see, are no "anti - modders" !!!!!
What some people see as "anti - modder" are people who are just ANTI - CHEATER !!!
As i see it everybody can change his game any way he (or she) likes just as long as he
(or she) doesn´t uses this "improvements" online to have an advantage!!!!!
Some of those mods or hacks or however really improve the game and as long as everybody
in a given Game uses it there is no problem.
The problem is and was that now you have to trust people in online games because the hacks made it so easy to cheat.
And one thing is shure: where there is competition there are cheater, and that is not only online.

Last edited by robtek; 01-05-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

You guys are just the biggest bunch of uniformed Dorks, yeah that's right Dorks. You think you know everything but you just have a few facts and not very well documented and you go off threatening everyone whom YOU are sure cheats. Here's a small tidbit for you to chew on.
I Have posted on that Forum and under the name Chebawookie so you can check them yourself.
I was under the impression at first that the Mods were cool, even useful as career or single player mods. I didn't think people were really cheating 'cos there's no way anyone could get past the CR=2 and how would you be able to use a Me-410 on a server where none was available? But I changed my mind, in fact I was using Jonesoft generic Mod enabler to switch between versions so I could retain my games integrity and therefore not be using the mod on servers not allowing it, But then something happened and my eyes were opened. Servers are insisting that Hyperlobby be used above direct IP Joining, All Seeing Eye or any other method, Personnally I've always refused to use it, Heard bad things about it, just plain didn't like it.
Now I have documented proof. I tried it myself and HL allows cheating, Mod enabling, Hacks, whatever label you prefer. HL will get past all the checks and NO-ONE can detect it. I was sick of reading the endless tripe from all the people at both forums and even when I tried to ask the Triple A guys to be mindful of it they descibed themselves as intelligent folks who would'nt consider cheating but I'm the bad guy for saying something. FU! I've been playing since R6 on win98 I've seen my share of Hacks and cheats. and my clan the Knights of the Round Table wont cheat Hack or do anything that gives an advantage over people who play fair. I'm absolutely sick to death of the childish BS that abounds by the faceless Hide Behind the Monitor Types who talk trash about modding and Hacking, If your so GD Smart than do something about it, If you know how to get to the developer of HL get them to work something out, and stop bitcchin about it here!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krt_Bong View Post
Now I have documented proof. I tried it myself and HL allows cheating, Mod enabling, Hacks, whatever label you prefer. HL will get past all the checks and NO-ONE can detect it.
With all due respect, Hyperlobby isn't supposed to stop cheats, hack, mods or whatever you want to call it? Hyperlobby is simply a program to allow people to join the same servers.

It is the host of the server who has the limited ability to either stop or allow mods, it has nothing to do with Hyperlobby.

Just curious as to what your "documented proof" is? You joined Hyperlobby with a mod enabled and took a screenshot or what?

"uninformed Dorks" Maybe you want to re-think that last post.

Last edited by 96th_Nightshifter; 01-05-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Closed Thread