Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 08-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Default help mid skirmish?

Hi all, I am having trouble, when I play a skirmish I start off ok but when I get to about mid game I don't really know what to do, I can win on easy easily enough but when it gets about mid game i don't know what units to make or if i should go infantry and tanks or just one, should I spread my units out and try to take all the zones or just go down the middle or side? I prefer infantry but i only use tanks because I have to to kill the enemy tanks, I guess I would like to know if there is a way to find out about the units in game like in multiplayer(like when you click the i button on their icon) so I can find out what the units are best used for but a way to do it in single so I dont just sit in someones match not doing anything or just any tips would be cool too, thanks
Old 08-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Hi Yourgi925,

you said :
Quote:
i don't know what units to make or if i should go infantry and tanks or just one, should I spread my units out and try to take all the zones or just go down the middle or side?
There is no standard formula for a battle. What you have at your disposal to wage war is : your resources and your imagination (and/or knowledge).
When not familiar with tactics, you can read about them, and try them.
Dont be afraid to try things out, just go for it!
Experiment as much as you like, cause nobody is really dying

I give you an example of my SP encounters (as a newbie in this sort of gameplay with tons of options...)
Skirmish, sp, easy, "Market Garden", German side.
One time i found myself stuck at the second line of defence. I captured the flags, but was to busy with a small amount of troops to keep them supplied.
When i got them going on leftside of the map, i was beaten at the right side.
And so on and soforth. This went on for hours and i started to dispair.

Next time i started the same skirmish, I quickly built up a much bigger force. Troops and tanks and all the other stuff. I háve it...so lets úse it.
With more agrrrression i send the troops forward and supported them with tanks, mortars, hmg's, supplytrucks. I managed to astablish a strong line from left to right,
(i check minimap) and if enemy tries to break in at some point, i send in reinforcements that are already on standby (with "holdfire" on) not to far behind.
I was really surprised to find myself ready to take the third line of defence after "only" one hour of battle.
Then i got overconfident and soon my precious Tiger1 went up in smoke, and i decided to rush in the Beasts (2x KingTiger).......yup.....disabled

I save a lot and use those saves as practiceground.... what if....

Your question about unitinfo. Start up multiplayersession and then choose LAN.
Start a battle. You can fool around without enemy(i.e. without other PC connected) and you have all the multiplayer goodies, including the info about all the units (rightclick on the resource icons).
And here you can download some usefull guides : http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25348

Have fun!
Peter

Last edited by CCCPeter; 08-28-2011 at 12:49 AM.