Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Technical issues

Technical issues Technical problems and solutions

Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Default cant even install assualt squad

Just bought men of war assault squad, and it wont even load up the installation screen. I get to the menu, click install, nothing happens and I receive no error message. Then when reattempting to load up the installation program it tells me that the program is already running. And thats it nowhere to go. Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

LD25

Last edited by LD25; 08-24-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

still no answer here or from IC publishing 2/3 days now, gutted! I was so looking forward to playing AS, not to mention the cost.

Have seen many people here complaining that IC always ignores their crys for help too, so if thats going to be the case dont honestly know how Im supposed to solve this thing.

LD25
Old 08-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

This may be caused by various issues involving Windows temporary files folders, bad DVD and so on. Simple way of getting around this is to install Steam, register an account (if you don't have it already) and activate your Assault Squad key in it ('Games' in menu bar -> Activate).
Old 08-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Registered Member

Thanks man, give that a try. My wings of prey disc installed no problem so maybe its a bad disc. Trouble is I live in china having bought a copy of MOWAC when I went back to england and as a result have no way of returning it. Truly hope your idea works!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

a new problem now if you dont mind helping! I installed most of steam, meaning that I have an account, but the final process keeps crashing out on me! It simply says 'connecting to steam account' and seems to be taking forever when lo and behold I discover in fact it has crashed. Do you think this is because I am in china and maybe need to select a download region closer to their server? Trouble is I have never even been asked about download regions and dont know where to even find this option.

Many thanks
Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Ah forget that last post man got it working/downloading now! Cant thank you enough all though, I have to beleive knowing my luck with this game, that their are more unpleasant surprises ahead. Seems like a pretty slow download too! Thanks again!