Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Crossed the line 1C.

This:

We have been hard at work on our next patch and it will be one of our largest in history.

Patch 6 includes:
• Lobby Improvements
• Interface Changes
• Gameplay Enhancements
• Balance Tweaks
• New 3d Models
and much, much more!

To reach our goal, we are asking you to come support us on Facebook and "like" our page. If we can achieve 5,000 "likes" on Facebook, we will immediately compile all our work and release the patch within the next two working days to you, so you can experience first-hand our exciting new changes. Click on the "Like" button. Easy and fast.

How are you thinking when you actually do things like this?
The more who likes on facebook, the better the game gets?
Who the **** cares about Facebook?

If you have a patch ready apply it or shut the **** up until you will release it, dont tease with that we must like on facebook- That is pure retarded publishing.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
How are you thinking when you actually do things like this?
The more who likes on facebook, the better the game gets?
Who the **** cares about Facebook?

If you have a patch ready apply it or shut the **** up until you will release it, dont tease with that we must like on facebook- That is pure retarded publishing.
I second that !
Sounds a little blackmailish to me.........

Peter
Old 08-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

When do we get the full list of changes please? can't you release it before 5000 likes? I think that'll take a while...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

I'll never understand this "obsession" with getting "likes" on Facebook.

Do publishers really believe that, by getting more "likes", it will translate to more sales?
I'm yet to hear about someone who used the number of "likes" for a game page as a criteria to purchase a game (or not).
Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
I'll never understand this "obsession" with getting "likes" on Facebook.

Do publishers really believe that, by getting more "likes", it will translate to more sales?
I'm yet to hear about someone who used the number of "likes" for a game page as a criteria to purchase a game (or not).
Yeah really..whats the obsession over Facebook and Twitter and all those Social Networks period? I quite frankly hate them both and use them like never..I dont even have a twitter and sure as hell dont like anything on FB lol....
Old 08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

They're using it as a form of advertising and I don't really think that's a bad thing. I don't use Facebook but loads of people do. These people would pay more attention to the Men Of War Facebook page if it had lots of likes because, quite frankly, some people (stupidly) only like something that is 'popular' like Call of Duty.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Well i think advertising like that and not releasing patches until they have reached a amount of numbers is ridicolous.

That is real BAD advertising and i will not support 1c in the future.

One thing to just... Maybe giving out a DLC pack to a random liker on FB after a amount of number is ok.

But holding on a patch until a certain number of likers is really bad.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

It's not a 1C event, thus not related to the forums really.
The facebook group growth allows us to spend more time on the game, as we take some overtime to make the patch happen faster. Without, it will take a little longer to complete, as we would work on normal schedules otherwise. Simple as that, nobody is holding anything back.

Not even addressing thread ops word choice.

Last edited by DMS|Instinct; 08-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Closed Thread