Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 08-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

Default MoW - Language replacement

MoW Language Pack 1.0 standard: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wkwjx9

Greetings, my first post on this forum!

I have played MoW for a long while now, and Assault Squad has been a great experience. However, every time I have played a skirmish as factions other than the native English speaking ones blood boiled in my veins. Hearing "Our men are charging, for the motherland!" in thick american accent just murdered it. The entire russian spirit was broken by the voice...

SOoooo... I have decided to create multiplayer-compatible mod for Germany and USSR. Why is Japan not included (yet) I shall explain in just a second.

1) What the mod does

This mod replaces voices for German and Russian generals. The ones that tell you stuff such as "we have taken this strategic position" etc. Now, they both speak in the native tongues of their homeland.

Voices of Japan, USA and the Commonwealth were untouched.

2) How to install

1. Make a backup copy of "language.pak" found in "men of war assault squad\resource"
2. Replace the file with the one found in the zip folder.

3) Contents of this mod

So far, the mod is pretty basic. I have compiled 3 MoW language packs. German, russian and english ones, and so this enabled me to create a basic sound mod. In the future, I hope to completley change the voices, so long everybody wishes to see this improved.

-----------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoy