Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 08-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Default Saitek throttle quadrant?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but upon serching I couldn't find any info.

I am thinking about buying a seperate throttle since I am getting a bit disenchanted with the attached one on my cyborg stick. I like the stick, lots of features for a $50.00 stick, plus after a year of use I cannot see of feel any wear, no deadzones, no calibration or getting loose issues.

Now I narrowed it down to 2 options, the Saitek 3 lever quadrant or the CH throttle. Since I am on a budget I tend to the Saitek, both have good reviews with the CH throttle generally being a bit better.

My question is does anyone have experience with the Saitek 3 lever quadrant in regards to reliability, durability and accuracy of having the inputs recognised by CoD?

Thanks in advance for any responses .
Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Saitek throttle quadrant, (three slidders with a button at the end of the travel each and three double switches).
I have two of them (for running twin engine planes), works well, have many extra buttons to allocate macros too, very good value for money.
I have connected them through a USB hub in order to save USB slots.
Never had problems with.
The Saitek SW is excellent in setting up complex macros like initiating the start sequence in complex engine management (setting up cockpit lights, gunsight, engine mix, magnettos, fuel, throttle settings etc etc).

I have no experience with the CH throttle.

~S~
Old 08-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info. The only thing that concerned me was reading reviews on amazon about people having problems getting 0 - 100% input recognized, they state they were only able to get like 20 - 80%. But then again with all the different comp configurations out there whatever can go wrong will go wrong for someone.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

NedLynch:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...aitek+quadrant

Sokol1
Old 08-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Thank you very much for the link, great info