Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 08-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Default Multiplayer online campaign ?

Hello everyone.
First, I want to apologize if this post is not understandable, english is not my native langage ^^'

Like most of you, I guess, I'm pretty fond of this game. I was wondering what kind of organized play could be done with it. And instead of the classic tournament system, I had the idea of a multiplayer campaign, that would fit very well with the specificity of the game.
What does it looks like ?
That could be something that is already being done in CoH mod eastern front , but in better because it will be with MoW : AS :p
Each player would be a commander of a division of his faction. He has a starting location on a map of the action theater. He decide where he want his troops to go (for example "I move from Kiev to Mink") and if he encounters an opponent..... FIIIIIIIGHT. Of course he can choose to go where he know an opponent is, and allies can go with him.
There could be two kind of battles : those in combat mode, and those in assault zone mode.
If you fight in combat mode, you fight only to weaken or destroy an enemy. In assault zone, you can conquer/defend a province

To organize this, a part of the campaign would be played by forum, where the strategic choices would be made, and the fight would be of course done in the actual game.
There are many rules points to discuss :

-limited army size ?
A player's losses during a fight are counted and decreased the size of his "army". In the next fight, he can't call as many troops as before.
Why this rule ? To add some "realism" to the campaign, you can't just go and beat all your opponents one by one in 1v1 fight where you always have a lot of troops, unless your name is Frederic II or Napoleon.
Of course, if the players don't want of this rule, it can be removed.
How should it be done ? That's a good question, that I'm asking to you.

-supplies
A player can resupply his army, using resources from the province he is currently on and those near him.
Also, a player who is in enemy territory, with no connection with allied provinces would suffer of attrition and slowly lose troops.

-What part of the WWII ?
I think that for a beginning, the eastern front would be fine. The better would be the whole globe but it would be very hard to organize.

-Historical rules ?
We can add rules like "no XXX tank before 194X, date of his creation"

-What do we need ?
Ways to adjust each army size before a party, to count the losses etc
A replay system would be nice in case of disagreement or supposed cheating. (and someone cheating should be kicked immediately from the campaign)
Large variety of maps. I don't know the custom maps.

-Can I help ?
Of course, even saying your advice about it is helping.

Is anyone interested ?