Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 08-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

I see no problem.
If you need a script for a mission simply ask.

May be we need some scripting corner, to bring mission builders and coders together.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Hi Kodiak, thanks for the reply. I think the scripting, once the dedicated Mission and Campaign Builders get fully to grips with it, will be an incredible asset, it's just that for me and others who like to make something on the odd occasion, it looks like there is a huge learning curve which is a shame for coding/scripting novices. I am sure though, that as more is discovered, many requests will be made to the experts! Cheers, MP
Old 08-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

You don't need any scripting for the things that were possible with IL-2: Sturmovik 1946 with exception of victory conditions. The only thing that is different now is how spawning of units is delayed, this is now done by triggers and actions, still no scripting needed.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Jepp, if triggers and actions would work in multiplayer without the backup of scripts...
Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Thanks again Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG28_Kodiak View Post
First i look in which Aircraft the player is.
AiAircraft airc1 = (AiAircraft)GamePlay.gpPlayer().Place();

Then i start the Stopwatch, you can use a trigger or Time.tickCounter() also, its only a example.
PlayerGroupIdleTimer.Start();

Then check if plane is airborne (if it airborne its a bad idea to set it on idle )
if (!airc1.IsAirborne())
{
If the plane is not airborne, i set the complete player airgroup on idle, it's the same you set the idle state in FMB
airc1.AirGroup().Idle = true;
then a short message for the player
GamePlay.gpHUDLogCenter(player.Name() + " warm up your engine");
}

later in OnTickGame i set the AirGroup().Idle = false; so the AI will make it's job
Your explanation gives me the background on what you did, so I now better understand how your script works. I will again experiment with a mission today and make any changes required to get it working properly. Will keep you posted in this post on how I am going? Stiboo is also helping me with this.

Good to see you on here MP, we are all working hard to get some good missions/campaigns working properly and it is a very steep learning curve without any official documentation!

DFLion