Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

I believe you don't need to speak to improve your language - just hearing and the capability of understanding benefits you as well.

You get really good at a language as soon as your brain starts to "think" in it. As soon as you don't need to translate anymore but words fluidly pop into your mind.

This said I also recommend hearing english and by that I mean hearing with the NEED to understand it. Not just listening to radio.

So, if you are interested to give it a shot I recommend a small and silly game to you: Blue Toad Murder Files - The Mysteries of Little Riddle

It's an adventure game, the genre I'd also recommend to you, and it forces you to understand what's being said due to the need to rely on that information to solve the game.
You said you're still a boy so I take it you either might have children or are adult enough to not find the game stupid. It's actually pretty fun if you play it with multiple players.

So if you get yourself some games, audio books etc. your spoken english might improve just by hearing how it's supposed to sound. If you then engage with real people on voice servers or similar you'll be picking up fast and probably master the spoken word better than the written one. ;p