Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Moderator Edit: This offers nothing new to the discussion, apart from giving the poster a brief chance to vent in public. It's ok to have a negative opinion about things, we don't ban people for that, as long as you actually have something to say: generalizing, snappy one-liners tend to create tension and bait people into flame wars, plus they're not very convincing either.

Please post in a manner that doesn't serve as a provocation for other members of the forum, thank you

And what about making a thread sticky, with everything which was already been (negatively) said, so that everyone would know it's already been said and not get warnings like this one, please? If you guys really want to let people know, and not just kill any negative opinion, you need to prove it. Otherwise, they are just they seem.. some words..
Old 08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

I would need to prove something if i was acting on my behalf or out of my own accord, but in reality i'm not: i have a set of guidelines given to me and a set of rules to apply. In that sense i'm just a clerk and not a manager and as such i don't really need to prove something, because i'm not the one who makes the rules

Also, there are numerous threads for the negative stuff already:

a) there's insuber's list of bugs which is a sticky

b)there's my FAQ explaining various other gameplay related issues (which implicitly means "some stuff doesn't work, do this instead) which is also a sticky

c) there's an arguments and speculations megathread in the pilot's lounge, specifically for the purpose of letting people have a "boxing fight" without getting banned or annoying others

...and we somehow need more? Let's be serious, if we had more the forum would not be called 1c's official forum but "forum for people to blame other people for things they don't like in CoD"

It's a matter of proportions vs the forum's stated aim and scope: people don't go to a football forum to constantly talk about how it sucks and basketball is a better sport, especially when there are perfectly good basketball forums out there too for them to hang out in the first place

If anyone thinks they can do a better job just apply for the position, it's not like i'm getting paid or anything so i don't see it as competition