Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Default G940 users

I have a strange bug(?) with the stick..

I have machine guns and cannon mapped to trigger stage 1 and 2...the only trouble is if im firing both i don't have any control over AC..i.e no response from stick until i depress trigger..any ideas? has anyone else had this?

Im not using the profile program as i don't need it...ive just mapped stick in game etc

So Ive mapped machine guns to the RED fire button and machine guns/cannons to the trigger...happens with all AC
Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
(i not have G940) Tried the Windows calibration? There is a trouble in the game only, or is everywhere?

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
(i not have G940) Tried the Windows calibration? There is a trouble in the game only, or is everywhere?
No mate, everything is OK on that front... Windows and the profiler see the 2 stage action and CoD maps to different buttons too..

But ingame it locks up the controls...its no biggie but annoying as i cant use the 2 stage trigger to its full potential or real use
Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
No mate, everything is OK on that front... Windows and the profiler see the 2 stage action and CoD maps to different buttons too..

But ingame it locks up the controls...its no biggie but annoying as i cant use the 2 stage trigger to its full potential or real use
I would try it with the default settings (you set the fire button of the joy only), something ruins something maybe. Approached of course very scientifically
I wrote this onto own forum, some people use a joystick like this.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 08-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I have machine guns and cannon mapped to trigger stage 1 and 2...the only trouble is if im firing both i don't have any control over AC..i.e no response from stick until i depress trigger..any ideas? has anyone else had this?

Im not using the profile program as i don't need it...ive just mapped stick in game etc

So Ive mapped machine guns to the RED fire button and machine guns/cannons to the trigger...happens with all AC
Not sure I understand what you mean here mate.

I have machine guns on the first stage of the trigger and cannons on the second stage of the trigger also, but apart from the mad shaking with the cannons interfering with control as Orville said the other day, it works fine.

Do you mean no control unless you release the trigger?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Not sure I understand what you mean here mate.

I have machine guns on the first stage of the trigger and cannons on the second stage of the trigger also, but apart from the mad shaking with the cannons interfering with control as Orville said the other day, it works fine.

Do you mean no control unless you release the trigger?
Hi Dutch..

Yep i mean exactly that... if i goto controller settings (windows) i can see the 2 stage working ok as well as me being able to draw a circle with stick while keeping trigger pressed

BUT

as soon as im ingame i have no controll with stick when im pulling trigger to its 2nd position..very weird

In fact i have no input being transferred from the whole setup when im in the 2 stage position

Last edited by Ze-Jamz; 08-08-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Not that bud.

1 because it uses mains power for the FFB
&
2 it reconizes actions in windows and profiler..just not in game
Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

I don't have any explanation for this in that case, only to say that I've noticed a few intermittent anomalies with mine that don't occur all the time.

I'm still convinced there's an issue with my software in certain situations, so maybe a re-install might help, but I'm guessing you'll've tried this already.

Sorry, that wasn't at all helpful.

Edit: Unless you've got some clash in controls settings in game? Is it possible that there might be a conflict of controls somewhere if a control function is mapped to two control axes/buttons or vice versa? Also, have you tried the same situation in other sims? If it's ok in IL2 for instance but not in CoD, you'll know the prob is in the control settings in CoD. The 'ok in windows' would also point to this. Sorry if this sounds patronising but the keys and axes control settings can conflict sometimes!

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 08-09-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: sudden idea?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

I don't even have the game yet but could it be that you have that anthropomorphic setting or whatever the hell it's called on? The game may think that because 2 things are being used that you couldn't have a third hand on the stick?