Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Your rating of COD right now.
10 25 10.25%
20 4 1.64%
30 18 7.38%
40 29 11.89%
50 42 17.21%
60 48 19.67%
70 53 21.72%
80 14 5.74%
90 7 2.87%
100 4 1.64%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
any math types want to do a average score? do two, one with all scores counted and one with 10,20 90,100 taken out?
This is a fairly typical approach to statistical analysis, removing the extremes especially when you know that they can't really reflect the original question or they are uncharacteristically out of synch with the general picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatta Raso View Post
here you go,

For the 30's to 80's that's an average of 56.03

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 08-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

thanks klem. il update my first post.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 AM
connie

Average 56.06%
Mean 50%
Most popular score 60%

Quite low no matter how you cut it.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
I'm not saying there's unreasonable marks because the whole thing is highly subjective on many areas (for example, i agree with quite a chunk of Bryan 21cag's post, but i gave it a 70 while he gave it a 50), but it would help make things more believable for the rest if posters who deviate strongly from the majority took some time to say why.
LOL well to be fair in my mind 50 was the highest score i could give when I still prefer to play IL2 46 over it If I was to rate just its potential to be better then IL2 46 in the future It would have been quite a bit higher But from what the OP wrote I did not take this as his meaning

And if this poll would have went up the month after release then I may have been a bit more emotional about it but as it stands the money has long been spent and there is no competition out there for the same product type at the moment so for me the longer it goes on the easier it is for me to wait and be objective about the fixes

That said I can not fault anyone who is still holding a grudge as I am equally capable of doing just that....... LOL its been 5 years and I still wish evil things on Dell for the Bollox they pulled on me and that's even after they finally did the right thing lol ....took em bloody long enough ..... but I digress... oops

I must say that even if these numbers do not really reflect every flight sim gamer in the world, kind of like polls that get taken at election time for me i was surprised at how many people, of the ones that participated fell into the 50-70 zone If i would have guessed the outcome prior I would have put a lot more people closer to each extreme rather then smack in the middle very interesting

Now,.. after reading the update I was very please to find that all the major bits on my list are proposed to be included so if all goes well the good news would be that my next score would not just be higher, but higher because I would then have fewer reasons left to not play CLOD over IL2 46 and that would be a very good thing indeed (with the exception of offline content of course which I know will be a long time coming)

Again excellent thread It combines my favorite things about these forums having a chuckle at the slap fights, interesting information and different opinions

Cheers all
Old 08-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
thanks klem. il update my first post.
np. I just did the numbers.

However I think the 10s could reasonably be included and those that voted 10 because it won't even run shouldn't feel ignored. I could give it a 10 on behalf of my second PC which is minimum spec XP DX9 but won't run it.

The main thing is, the poll gives a general picture.
Now for the next patch.....

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 08-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan21cag View Post
LOL well to be fair in my mind 50 was the highest score i could give when I still prefer to play IL2 46 over it If I was to rate just its potential to be better then IL2 46 in the future It would have been quite a bit higher But from what the OP wrote I did not take this as his meaning

And if this poll would have went up the month after release then I may have been a bit more emotional about it but as it stands the money has long been spent and there is no competition out there for the same product type at the moment so for me the longer it goes on the easier it is for me to wait and be objective about the fixes

That said I can not fault anyone who is still holding a grudge as I am equally capable of doing just that....... LOL its been 5 years and I still wish evil things on Dell for the Bollox they pulled on me and that's even after they finally did the right thing lol ....took em bloody long enough ..... but I digress... oops

I must say that even if these numbers do not really reflect every flight sim gamer in the world, kind of like polls that get taken at election time for me i was surprised at how many people, of the ones that participated fell into the 50-70 zone If i would have guessed the outcome prior I would have put a lot more people closer to each extreme rather then smack in the middle very interesting

Now,.. after reading the update I was very please to find that all the major bits on my list are proposed to be included so if all goes well the good news would be that my next score would not just be higher, but higher because I would then have fewer reasons left to not play CLOD over IL2 46 and that would be a very good thing indeed (with the exception of offline content of course which I know will be a long time coming)

Again excellent thread It combines my favorite things about these forums having a chuckle at the slap fights, interesting information and different opinions

Cheers all
No worries, i was just pointing out pretty much the same thing: if people take some time to justify their opinions in a civil manner (like you did) they are easily acceptable, even though they might be starting from the same pool of data and yet reaching different conclusions.

Also, thread clean-up time. If anyone's post is missing, it's in the arguments and speculation megathread in the pilot's lounge section of the forums. If it's missing it's because someone was drawn into some off-topic bickering or even started it himself. Use the provided arguments and speculation megathread or miss further posts in the future.

Sadly, non-inflammatory posts that quote flamebait material also have to be moved, in order for said flamebait to be completely pruned from the topic and us not having to read it if we don't want to.

I can't afford to let the same few people (along with some innocent bystanders who will take the bait from time to time) derail a thread that has remained civil thus far despite the different opinions present, one that also has the potential to provide some kind of measure of progress between patches and help the developers see what the community thinks of the sim without having to waste time dredging through the rubble.

Those of you responsible know who you are, keep shooting yourselves in the foot and i'll keep moving your posts to that lovely place that can be easily ignored by everyone, thus defeating the prime purpose of trolling (a high visibility provocation to get a wide-ranging reaction).

I have a lot of patience but once it's exhausted it takes time to get refills, so either argue in that thread if all you want to do is argue or expect posts that disappear altogether in the coming weeks when i'm finally bored babysitting.

Nothing personal, just being clear about it: the forums should not be dominated by a small vocal group which constantly fights over two conflicting agendas in a repetitive manner and bores everyone else to tears, they should be readable and enjoyable for as many people as possible.
Believe you me, they will, one way or the other.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Blackdog!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

I gave it what I feel is a very generous 30%
First big hit-Steam. Remove Steam and i would have given it another 20 points.

For me it boils down thus: you have a hollow shell of a combat flight sim, with sounds, FM's, weapon models, campaigns and maps all inferior to UP3 or DBW.

I gave it an extra 10 points because honestly I never had trouble running it. Always got better than 30fps with my old phenom x4 945/GTX 460 setup. But its so bad that I'm not even going to download it on the i7 2600k/gtx 580 rig I just built. I have no reason to. I've never been able to play the game for more than 10 minutes, and after those 10 minutes I always wanted to go to SAS or UP and thank them again for UP and DBW!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

A very friendly 30 of 100.

...after having yet another unbelievable dogfight with 3 AI-109s unable to shake off Wellington bombers from their 6... Even through loopings and barrel rolls, these bombers kept a steady 30m behind the 109s.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
I gave it a genClod is still a weird mix of obsessive detail, placeholders and broken features.
A very good comment that tells a story about mismanaged development. Ironically this will probably work out in our favour eventually since the game will hopefully be filled in after release and into the expansions.

This has turned into an interesting poll! Ignoring the outliers the curve peaks at 60-70 which seems about right to me. Hopefully this improves after the next patch.