Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Deflection shooting is the same, but careful how you're setting your gunsight up. Remember, the British sights are bugged, and actually set to 2x the distance of the ring. There's been threads about it, you need to set your sight to 400yds if you want it to actually aim at 200yds (or was it vice versa?!)
I never fly british AC, I am just talking about my feeling when I fly german planes.
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
Creative Xtreme Gamer
TrackIR 4
MS FFB2 + CH pro Pedal + CH throttle
Win7 64bit
Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

actually il2 early planes ammo is as weak as clods

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 07-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

You know you can adjust the AI gunnery skill in all those bombers, right? If you think the default setting is too low, take a few minutes and tweak it yourself.

As far as the deflection shooting goes... I've always been a bad shot in '46 and maintain that tradition in Dover, but it seems to me it's slightly easier to get bullets on target in Dover.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Owl View Post
You know you can adjust the AI gunnery skill in all those bombers, right? If you think the default setting is too low, take a few minutes and tweak it yourself.

As far as the deflection shooting goes... I've always been a bad shot in '46 and maintain that tradition in Dover, but it seems to me it's slightly easier to get bullets on target in Dover.
Thank's God someone wrote this before me...

As I said a lot, a buch jump here and write a lot and don't even look at FMB and all the settings you can change in CloD, all flexibility the engine provide... Please, all: take a look at all the settings possible in AI skill...

The AI gunners in IL-2 '46 are snipers. If you see any WWII footage, with guncams, you'll believe that fighters pilots atacking these bombers are crazy...

The gunnery in CloD is much more relistic. It's obvious... But the "golden standard" to some is the previous and now limited version of IL-2 series: 1946. In CloD our planes don't fly in "rails" and don't maneuver like Tie-Fighters anymore...

It's the life...

Last edited by LoBiSoMeM; 07-24-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
In CloD our planes don't fly in "rails" and don't maneuver like Tie-Fighters anymore...

It's the life...
Yes!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Maybe the gunnery feels different because in clod most weapons are small cal. machine guns. In Il2 1946 most planes have cannons.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG4_Helofly View Post
Maybe the gunnery feels different because in clod most weapons are small cal. machine guns. In Il2 1946 most planes have cannons.

even the MG17 in il2 needs to take more lead to get the hit than in CLOD. Nobody feels that?
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
Creative Xtreme Gamer
TrackIR 4
MS FFB2 + CH pro Pedal + CH throttle
Win7 64bit
Old 07-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

well how well the gun are depend what setting the map maker gave then, you can change the crew setting on bomber in the game.
you can have as
rookie
average
veteran
ace
custom.

and in custom you can change

basic flying
advance flying
awareness
aerial gunnery
tactics
vision
bravery
Discipline

You can also change what type of ammo the gunner and how much they have

And this setting is for all AI

http://www.raafsquad.com
Intel® I7-3770 3.5Ghz,8G DDR3 ram,Gainward Phantom GeForce GTX680 2048MB,window Ultimate 7 64,trackir 4,CH Fighterstick,Saitek X52 Throttle,Saitek rudder pedals
Old 07-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

I also think the new gunners are better: there are still some that are good shots, tenacious and will kill you but there are also rookies that get scared and just fire blindly into the air missing you completely and hoping their barrage will make you turn away.

It's much more believable and seems closer to real life, just because of the variety alone.

As for the lead, it's a matter of speed. When i first tried RoF i was so used to high speed, high deflection snapshots from flying the Fw-190 in IL2 that i couldn't hit anything, these biplanes are so slow that minimal lead is required and i was shooting way ahead of them into empty air

Our aircraft in BoB are also a bit slower than the later war hot-rods from IL2:1946 and even when comparing the same aircraft in each sim, it's a bit harder to get top speed due to the new flight models, the complex engine management, some FM issues that need correcting (most planes are a bit slower than they should) and the fact that the AI no longer fly on 100%+WEP all the time without overheating.

If we account for all these factors, an AI Hurricane passing in front of your 109's nose in a high deflection snapshot (let's say 70 degrees angle-off) in CoD might be quite a few km/h slower than a similar situation in IL2:1946, a human opponent online might be even slower if he isn't accustomed to the new CEM. Since he is slower, you also require less lead to hit him