Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Sure you only want to hear positive statements from the big community of fanboys. Why don't you, 1C, especially Maddox Games, listen also to the negative statements IF you want our money next time, too.
That would be a better way to solve the problem. Don't just sit there and keep quiet about what went wrong. Or do you think it's all right with COD? Well I don't think so.
No, you are wrong!

Sure we want to read positive responses, but they aren't compulsory. The negative banter is non-productive and makes the whole forums stressful for everyone.

You need to realize the original IL2 series was over a year after release where patches were released and people had issues.

Luthier made an excellent response to our community this morning. He and the development team are very busy working on the COD doing all that can be done. He expressed his commitment to this community in the last paragraph.

If you cannot hang here without continually expressing your resentment you would do well to find somewhere else to post.

You are ignoring the fact there are many COD users that are very happy with what they have. The COD videos on this forums are awesome. I'm sure in due course even your issues will be resolved unless your system is just incompatible.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
They're not going blind or deaf, they're banning whining spammers.
Another offensive post. This is unacceptable with the new regime.Reported.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dutchman View Post
If this goes on like it does,nearmiss will be forced to lock his own post because it's been reported,this is hilarious...!
HA HA

I didn't lock any posting because it was reported. I did edit a posting because the reporting party was right. I shouldn't repeat terms describing the trouble makers as everyone else does on the forums. LOL
Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
Nineteen I say nineteen reported postings I've gotten today, and even more yesterday. This is unprecedented behavior and it is completely out of hand.

Notice to whiners, complainer, troublemakers and other malcontents

Luthier made an excellent posting this morning in order to clarify the intents of IL2 development team. This should have quelled a lot of the negative discussions and tirades against the developer for not paying attention to this crowd.

I actually would have thought a message from Luthier would have helped restore some sanity and anxiety about BOB COD.

Evidently, that is not the case.

So read carefully... If your posting is reported you will probably get a ban. We have to restore order and civility on the forums. The BOB COD thing may have been the trigger, but we are adults here for the most part. It is time to either make peace or take it somewhere else.

Make discussions with other members as you would have that person make discussion with you.

Every reported post is read carefully. Now, Mods will act on the information they read, not on the reporting posters charge. If the charge is spurious it will be ignored. If there is even the slightest hint of reasonableness to the report the reported poster will get a ban.

Some of you are veteran posters. If your posting is reported your past record with the forums will be reviewed before ban. Your posting may be deleted, but even veterans that are offenders may get a ban.

Reporting members will not be disclosed to anyone.

We regret having to go this route.

This will go into effect within one hour...

It is now 8:13 PM in London, 2:14 PM in Mexico City, 11:14 PM in Moscow, 9:14 PM Berlin.
Nearmiss, it's obvious that there's a massive fail in the system somewhere.

My impression is that, as a moderator, you're getting yourself too much in the thick of it and taking parts, which, for a mod, is a big no no.

A mod is a firm but fair character, but above all he/she needs to earn the respect of ALL the members, which I am afraid you lost. Maybe you should consider stepping down from the role and leave it to someone else, it's just a friendly suggestion, no provocation or harm meant.

I came to this conclusion because your statements about Luthier's post are simply far from the reality, my humble impression is that you know nothing yourself and you're just trying to police a place that is obviously out of control, this for the lack of communication from Luthier, which is disrespectful to the forum member, which are primarily customers who paid to receive an unfinished product and have a right to complain within reason.

And Luthier, if you're reading this, the more you let this thing go the worse it will be, you have lost all my respect, at least Oleg would have the decency to keep up with the community, shame on you Ilya, shame on you.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

Nearmiss, why don´t you just close the forum and use it only for announcing news of people in charge?

I mean look around here, the members act like a 4 years old, which just dropped its favourite toy and now runs mad, because another kid picked it up and enjoys the toy it just dropped.

99% of the users do not contribute anything constructive, the few members doing something useful will find their way to exchange and share their bit another way. The most just repeat, what was long posted before again and again.

That`s what I would do, if I had my way, just close this asylum and lean back, take a rest.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
A mod is a firm but fair character, but above all he/she needs to earn the respect of ALL the members,
That's not true at all. The mod only needs to earn the respect of ONE person. The owner of the forum.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
That's not true at all. The mod only needs to earn the respect of ONE person. The owner of the forum.
yeah in your world maybe. Imagine what would happen if nobody had respect for the Police out there.. wait a minute...

seriously, you can't expect to please everyone, but being a mod is tuff stuff, and when people start the form of protest like reporting the mod's posts etc. it's only the beginning of the end, it's obvious that there are previous unresolved feuds..
Old 07-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
yeah in your world maybe.
No, not just my world. Your opinion of the mod means absolutely nothing. The same goes for me. The only opinion that matters is his/her boss.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Nearmiss...just lock this thread. I think everyone's got the idea?

This is just going back n fourth...Get out that padlock and key
Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Global Moderator

Reported posts after this will be dealt with.

Thanks for cooperating,
Closed Thread