Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepe_EAF51 View Post
Hi Ataros

Small test, I selected a Hurricane and I appeared inside a hangar. So far so good, but when I opened the throttle the aircraft was very slow.

No wonder: I checked externals and all my tail was missing.

No idea what happened, no one else was in the server.
Thanks for feedback. i reported the issue. The reason is probably a strong wind turning aircraft inside a semi-open hangar.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Got it and soon testing it..
Thank You Ataros also for Your great contributions in this forum !
~S~
Old 07-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
If you can not see flags probably you have "side switching (or selection)" turned off in difficulty settings.
Thanks for the reply - that fixed it. I had all the boxes checked for switching and selection - unchecking let me select a plane

One thing I noticed was that the groups of vehicles always travel in a column. If possible, could it be scripted in so that when they engage an enemy unit, they change formation into a V (arrowhead) or line (abreast) to effectively put more fire down.

Maybe they could change formation based on whether they are in enemy territory too, like going from a column into a V (arrowhead), which is used when in unsafe off road terrain (as far as I know).

I've done some scripting for Arma 2, so wondered if similar things are possible here.

It's a small point, but I thought I'd mention it. Good mission though, nice showcase of what's possible in the game
Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Attorney View Post
If possible, could it be scripted in so that when they engage an enemy unit, they change formation into a V (arrowhead) or line (abreast) to effectively put more fire down.
Don't know if it is possible now.