Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
I think that if Ubi is expecting big North American sales they are going to be disappointed.
I think that there haven`t been any means to think that sales are going to be any bigger than in 2002. We are all still playing a niche game. The promoting campaign of CloD is roughly the same as with IL2. I`d say they`re not expecting much.

Quote:
I think that most everybody in North America that wants/wanted the game already has it.Sure there are a few left that are waiting on the DVD or the digital download to be activate but I do not think there are a lot.
Don`t be so sure. If your world doesn`t evolve around pc flight sims, the chances are that you`re going to wait for it to hit the retail stores near you rather that facing the hassle of ordering it overseas or bypassing it allthoghether through Russian version. I know I wouldn`t. Since we`re only speculating, I`d say only 20% of the regulars got it right now. Will fill once it releases, plus some of the more casual people trying it out.

Quote:
WWII is a niche market and most of the PR is word of mouth(or forums).It is hard for anyone outside to stumble across these sims.

DVDs on the shelf might pull in some sales from the casual gamer.But Ubi has done a horrendous job at advertising.In this respect I think bloated Steam might help.Those with no knowledge of the game will see it plastered on the screen when Steam starts up and might give it a try.
It is imo much better than in 2002. Where I live, IL2 wasn`t even available till 2004. Now, still right from the release day of April, the game still rests on the shelves in the most game stores I visit on the sight level (approx 160cm height). Besides that, internet stores also make the availability of CloD more than noticed. It surely makes me an optimist.

Quote:
So in conclusion I think most of the North American sales are already done.

Notam:I have no figures to back any of this up.It is just a feeling.
Faaaar from it. First of all, we now get the regulars to buy the game, and the western front casuals. Then the Moscow and some US planes will bring some more customers. Then I suspect we will get the P51 and P47 regardless of the theatre of operations. On one condition - this game must first be allowed to live and develop further.