Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

I agree that support and bug fix patches are required for a long period after the games release and do keep people interested. Everyone likes a publisher that provides a high quality title and fixes bugs.

I'd say prior to the last 3 expansions (pe2 etc) the business model (in the west) wasn't that sound, find me another publisher that rolls out free content updates several times a year thats not a subscription based game or requires a small payment for addons though.

No doubt free content updates kept many interested but as the only decent WWII sim out there consumers are left with little choice so may well kept on playing anyway. Its hard to honestly say because we were inundated with updates, even spoiled.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining that 1C does something that other developer/publishers do not but we were spoiled and no expectations are so high even the slightest hint of a patch sends the Il2 community into a frenzy.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

True, true. I'd've happily paid £££s for the pre-Pe-2 free content and wouldn't have felt in the least bit aggrieved. Having said that, 1C's strategy, if that's what it was, has definately inspired a high degree of customer loyalty in me.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

We may even consider playing 4.08m while we wait, mmmm? It isn't like we have nothing to play with...
Old 12-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

This thing on????

update please...
Old 12-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
Fair enough, a patch that fixes stuff, you can expect that to a certain degree but content updates? No, its naive to expect them for free.

A little mildly there.Let`s call it by name.It`s idiotic to expect them for free.