Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL2 Mods, discussion and links

Old 06-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Aracno,
We know how biased you are, and what your intentions are so please don't pretent to be a "saint". We are aware...
Anyway...to me all this "politics" for a game is ridiculous, too bad its like this, seriously.

Kwiatek is regarded as the most talented and accurate FM "builder" in the IL2 addons community. His work is regarded as top. Its not questionable as he has proven this for years.
Aachen perhaps has a Phd, perhaps is an aircraft engineer and also knows his stuff, this is also unquestionable. But despite how much "theory" you know, some (or most of) the times you cannot beat experience and historical accuracy.
I am not questioning that Aachen's FMs are that bad, certainly they are better than your previous ones where an A-20B could turn like a Zero. But as we can see Aachens FMs are also not perfect and can improve a lot in the future.

17 Seconds turn-time for a Bf-109E:
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtop...8e71b1d1cd21f8

Last the FMs debate cannot lead to a conclusion because of egoism and bias
Everybody thinks that their FMs are the best, most accurate, etc and they don't change opinion even when they are confronted with facts.
And everyone with half a brain knows who are these people.
The only thing that can be counted is the acceptance they have in the community, and Kwiatek has proved this through years.
Its a long way but if someone has to convince the rest about the "historical accuracy" of the FM he uses or created, this is the only and long road.

Perhaps this post is also unnecessary because of the reasons i mentioned above. That, in the end, here at the "yellow-forum", certain people/fanboys believe what they Want to believe, no matter what. Its the outside" world of HL that matters most, to me at least.

Cheers

EDIT:
And a small detail. Kwiatek is not the only one that makes FMs for UP. He has made the most but not all.

Last edited by I/ZG52_HaDeS; 06-04-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

I'm not trying to be a saint, I'm trying to be civil.
For sure you are not on the top of my sympathy but I have nothing against the modders that released the mod in your pack.
So I have nothing against Kwiatek, except about the opportunity of his post in this thread.
So, please, dont try to keep me in your personal war.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracno View Post
I'm not trying to be a saint, I'm trying to be civil.
For sure you are not on the top of my sympathy but I have nothing against the modders that released the mod in your pack.
Very nice of you really, but its not "my pack". Its community's one. I may have started first and be behind this all the time, but for sure i don't feel its "my pack", and frankly its not at all "mine".

Quote:
So I have nothing against Kwiatek, except about the opportunity of his post in this thread.
Its also nice of you but knowing that you are biased in favor of specific things, your post was not that innocent.

Quote:
So, please, dont try to keep me in your personal war.
"war" and "personal" are 2 words that are not in my vocabulary in the Il2 world regarding UP.

Cheers
Old 06-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Well IMO as real WW2 aircraft pilot .. i can tell you to get the UP version of IL2.

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/ZG52_HaDeS View Post
Very nice of you really, but its not "my pack". Its community's one. I may have started first and be behind this all the time, but for sure i don't feel its "my pack", and frankly its not at all "mine".
Who is the polite now?
All the IL2 world identify UP with you, it's enough for me.

Quote:
Its also nice of you but knowing that you are biased in favor of specific things, your post was not that innocent.
Yes, I like HFSX, BUT, i was an happy UP2.01 users, so it's hard for you to found something written by me against one pack or in favour of another.
I was only defending Aachen's work, without Kwiatek post I hardly posted in this thread.

Quote:
"war" and "personal" are 2 words that are not in my vocabulary in the Il2 world regarding UP.

Cheers
Yes, and every Christmas I become SantaKlaus.

Cheers
Aracno

Last edited by Aracno; 06-05-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 06-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

According to Focke Wulf, the real 190 had a climb rate of 14 m/s in second charger gear.
According to 1C FM of that plane, it has 15 m/s.
According to a much improved mod pack FM, it has 17 m/s.
According to another even more improved mod pack FM, it has 18 m/s.

Go figure what "better" FM means...my guess is the next "improvement" will break the 20.

Maybe the FM builders should get together and check their data before they release it? Would save us from forum hostilities and bad FMs.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post
According to Focke Wulf, the real 190 had a climb rate of 14 m/s in second charger gear.

Go figure what "better" FM means...my guess is the next "improvement" will break the 20.

Maybe the FM builders should get together and check their data before they release it? Would save us from forum hostilities and bad FMs.
There is 16 m/s free for us ......
Old 06-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtD View Post

lol
what a indifferent comment all, all FW190 have a climb rate of 14m/s.???
Old 06-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Well, some lol, others will find the variant I was referring to.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

About FW A6 wrong performance and the graphic showed in this thread, in the IL2 compare for some strange reason the AC weight is 3780 kg instead of 4050-4100, so il2 compare are calculating wrong ROC and performance due to this problem.
But AC weight in HFSX is correct and performance too.
So all this discussion was based on wrong calculations of IL2 Compare, not on the real ingame FM.
The same problem is present in others AC (wrong weight in IL2Compare), and they are studying the reasons of this error.
If this discussion was made ​​on the forum HFSX the problem would be solved immediately, without shedding doubt on the validity of the work done by Aachen.

Last edited by Aracno; 06-10-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: wrong spelling